PDA

View Full Version : more questionable calls from manual

mike squires
04-02-2003, 11:00 PM
I'm sorry if these were brought up allready but...

Why in the world do you bring in White in the 8th? Especially considering he was questoinable to make the team. After a poor spring it would be logical to bring him in with a cushy lead.

Why do you bring in Kotch in the 8th? He is our closer. I understand the need for him to see some work, but save him when we win 3 or 4 in a row. Marte or Glover would have been smarter moves.

Almost forgetting to pinch run Alomar until he was almost picked off.

This is only after 2 games. Could Bruce Kimm be far from coaching this team?!

Despite the last two days we have better things to come folks. We will be fine.

fuzzy_patters
04-02-2003, 11:08 PM
None of that is as bad as the Graffinino gaffe. You have a righty on the hill that throws around mach 4, and you have a lefty on the bench that loves to hit high heat. What does Jerry Manual do? He lets his right-handed shortstop try to bunt, on all three strikes no less. Now, even if you argue that bunting is the right call in that situation, a lefty is more likely to get the bunt down vs a right-handed pitcher because the ball is moving towards him. Too make matters worse, Graffanino has proven himself in the past to be a terrible bunter. This was stupid.

Daver
04-02-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by mike squires

Could Bruce Kimm be far from coaching this team?!

He would be really far,as I hear it Wally Backman and Nick Leyva are above him in the order,though were it me Nick Leyva would be JM's replacement.