PDA

View Full Version : Official Details on Friday..

steff
04-02-2003, 10:51 PM
OK guys and gals..

Friday at approximately 12:30 we will be gathering at COMISKEY PARK :D: in lot E (which is on the south side of the park nearest to the entrance to the bullpen sports bar). Hangar and I will have both a HUGE Sox flag and balloons on our cars so you can't miss us. We have beer and food for those of you who emailed me and requested those items. For anyone else.. we have a lot of cooler space if you want to drop your beverages in there and you can use the grill if you want to bring food. If you are planning on coming and don't want the hassle of bringing your drinks/food email me no later than tomorrow (Thursday) at noon. I like you guys.. but I am not running all over town for you :smile: .

There is a HUGE crowd this year folks (about 40 confirmed that I have been involved in). Should be a great time.

Later.. Steff

steff
04-02-2003, 10:53 PM
Thanks whoever "stuck" me :D:

Daver
04-02-2003, 10:54 PM
This will remain stuck until Thursday night,everyone that is going please have a Buckhorn for me.

alohafri
04-02-2003, 11:10 PM
Those people look kinda familiar, Steff...

dllrbll7
04-02-2003, 11:12 PM
Just to let you know the Sox said the parking lot will be open 2hrs before game time. I think it is a miss print considering last year it was about about 4hrs before game time if not more but i emailed them and hopefully i will get an answer soon.

http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20030402&content_id=253762&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp

steff
04-02-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by alohafri
Those people look kinda familiar, Steff...

LOL.. That's the pic from the 150 degree Cubs/Sox game last year.

steff
04-02-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
Just to let you know the Sox said the parking lot will be open 2hrs before game time. I think it is a miss print considering last year it was about about 4hrs before game time if not more but i emailed them and hopefully i will get an answer soon.

http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20030402&content_id=253762&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp

Yeah.. I saw that and called. They will let us in starting at noon.

alohafri
04-02-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by steff3603
LOL.. That's the pic from the 150 degree Cubs/Sox game last year.

Ah, after the cold front blew through!

Sad
04-03-2003, 08:08 AM
supposed to be crap for weather :(:

oh well... at least I wont be here (work)

steff
04-03-2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Sad
supposed to be crap for weather :(:

oh well... at least I wont be here (work)

Wouldn't be opening day without cold and rain :D:

hsnterprize
04-03-2003, 08:49 AM
OK guys and gals..

Friday at approximately 12:30 we will be gathering at COMISKEY PARK :D: in lot E (which is on the south side of the park nearest to the entrance to the bullpen sports bar). Hangar and I will have both a HUGE Sox flag and balloons on our cars so you can't miss us. We have beer and food for those of you who emailed me and requested those items. For anyone else.. we have a lot of cooler space if you want to drop your beverages in there and you can use the grill if you want to bring food. If you are planning on coming and don't want the hassle of bringing your drinks/food email me no later than tomorrow (Thursday) at noon. I like you guys.. but I am not running all over town for you :smile: .

There is a HUGE crowd this year folks (about 40 confirmed that I have been involved in). Should be a great time.

Later.. Steff

Hey Steff,

Thanks for the info. I noticed you're living in Plainfield now. Congrats on the new house. I'm living in Plainfield temporarily, and it's a long trek from out there to downtown Chicago where I'm working. Hope you like to drive a lot, because I'll guarantee you...you're gonna do a lot of it if you do downtown frequently. However, the gas isn't too bad...on average, gas at a station like Thornton's or Phillips 66 is only between $1.50 to $1.60 per gallon for regular unleaded. It was at $1.80 a few days before the war started.

I'll look for you before the start of the game if I'm not busy. Have fun, and stay dry. I hope your party doesn't get rained out.

dllrbll7
04-03-2003, 11:15 AM
Yeah.. I saw that and called. They will let us in starting at noon.

Ya i just got a reply to my email sayin the parking lot would open at noon too. Cant wait

steff
04-03-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by hsnterprize
Hey Steff,

Thanks for the info. I noticed you're living in Plainfield now. Congrats on the new house. I'm living in Plainfield temporarily, and it's a long trek from out there to downtown Chicago where I'm working. Hope you like to drive a lot, because I'll guarantee you...you're gonna do a lot of it if you do downtown frequently. However, the gas isn't too bad...on average, gas at a station like Thornton's or Phillips 66 is only between $1.50 to $1.60 per gallon for regular unleaded. It was at $1.80 a few days before the war started.

I'll look for you before the start of the game if I'm not busy. Have fun, and stay dry. I hope your party doesn't get rained out.

Drive isn't too bad. We work in Hillside and leave early enough that it's not a big deal. And we go to the games straight from work so that's no issue either. The drive home 40 times this year at 10 at night after drinking for 4 hours.. now that's a different story.. :o:

steff
04-03-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
Ya i just got a reply to my email sayin the parking lot would open at noon too. Cant wait

There's going to be a line beore noon. It all depends on the gate guys. From what I have been told, they will be letting us in before noon.

alohafri
04-03-2003, 11:17 PM
Drive isn't too bad. We work in Hillside and leave early enough that it's not a big deal. And we go to the games straight from work so that's no issue either. The drive home 40 times this year at 10 at night after drinking for 4 hours.. now that's a different story.. :o:

Uh-oh, we take the same expressway home now! This could be interesting!