PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Biddle,Expos closer?


Daver
04-02-2003, 09:40 PM
I was watching the Atlanta/Montreal game and they brought Rocky Biddle in to pitch the ninth leading 3-0,he struck out two and retired the side,but is he the Expos closer?

RKMeibalane
04-02-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by daver
I was watching the Atlanta/Montreal game and they brought Rocky Biddle in to pitch the ninth leading 3-0,he struck out two and retired the side,but is he the Expos closer?

Good for him. The Sox could have used that type of performance today, as opposed to the crap White gave them.

Daver
04-02-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Good for him. The Sox could have used that type of performance today, as opposed to the crap White gave them.

I wish the Sox would have never given up on him.

HawkDJ
04-02-2003, 09:51 PM
It was supposed to be Scott Stewart..I don't know why it is Biddle now.

LuvSox
04-02-2003, 09:55 PM
I wish Rocky nothing but the best. If you ever had the chance to meet him you know he is a great guy.

Jjav829
04-02-2003, 09:57 PM
The Expos never really named a closer. Stewart is expected to get most of the save ops but he did have surgery in the offseason so maybe hes feeling some tightness. I wouldn't have minded keeping Biddle but if thats what the Expos wanted for Colon, then he had to go.

TheBigHurt
04-02-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by daver
I wish the Sox would have never given up on him.

YEAH, I always thought he would be a solid pitcher, but how can we complain now when we werent after the Colon trade??

BE GOOD biddle

MikeKreevich
04-02-2003, 11:15 PM
Bring Back Biddle!

T Dog
04-03-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by daver
I wish the Sox would have never given up on him.

Strictly speaking, the Sox didn't give up on Rocky. It was more a case of having to give him up. I had heard in January that the Expos wanted to make him the closer. I'm glad to see he is getting a chance to prove himself a quality pitcher.