PDA

View Full Version : Sham-Me hits 500 off Al Leiter--- NOT!!!

Bisco Stu
04-02-2003, 07:58 PM
My favorite pitcher, now forever linked with that steroid popping jerkass. What a world...

Viva Magglio
04-02-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
My favorite pitcher, now forever linked with that steroid popping jerkass. What a world...

:iron
Who you crappin'?

:hawk
He just missed it.

:chimp
Stoney, I just wet my pants!!!

TheBigHurt
04-02-2003, 08:00 PM
DAM its finally happened and the worls stops for a sec here in ny

ohh well

BE GOOD Sham-me-roo

LuvSox
04-02-2003, 08:02 PM
What the F***? Are you stoned? He didn't hit anything yet.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-02-2003, 08:02 PM
Aw, shucks. I missed it.

I tell you what, nothing salves this Sox Fan's wounds from a Sox loss quite like the Flubbies making an unholy mess of their game.

Go Mets!

ScottySoxFan
04-02-2003, 08:04 PM
Ummm.... sorry to break it to you, but Sammy is 0 for 1 with 2 walks so far.

TheBigHurt
04-02-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
DAM its finally happened and the worls stops for a sec here in ny

ohh well

BE GOOD Sham-me-roo

OHH he did miss it WHOOOHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOO

*a side note* Go GU i guess ohh wait the NIT is crap

BE GOOD PaleHose and enough lying

duke of dorwood
04-02-2003, 08:28 PM
He hopped and went into a trot clapping his hands on a fly out. Absolutly hilarious.

RKMeibalane
04-02-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
He hopped and went into a trot clapping his hands on a fly out. Absolutly hilarious.

Sosa's an idiot. Period. If I were a Major League pitcher, I would have thrown my best fastball right at his head the next time he came to the plate. There is no excuse for that kind of self-promotion, especially since the ball died on the warning track. If you're going to celebrate, make sure you have a reason to do so. This situation is living proof that evil and steroids never prosper.

LuvSox
04-02-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Sosa's an idiot. Period. If I were a Major League pitcher, I would have thrown my best fastball right at his head the next time he came to the plate. There is no excuse for that kind of self-promotion, especially since the ball died on the warning track. If you're going to celebrate, make sure you have a reason to do so. This situation is living proof that evil and steroids never prosper.

Well put RK, he deserves nothing less than a high & tight one. By the way, is that Gary Pettis coaching first for the Mets? Yikes.

A.T. Money
04-02-2003, 08:58 PM
My thoughts exactly. This goof hops like a hotdog and come up with nothing.

DonkeyKongerko
04-02-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by SoxDemon
My thoughts exactly. This goof hops like a hotdog and come up with nothing.

This kind of resembles what Cubs fans will experience this season. A big start and everyone is hootin and hollerin' and then nothing.

Bisco Stu
04-02-2003, 09:38 PM
Two mysteries.

1. How was my thread edited? Is Ashcroft running this site?

2. What's up with CBS Sportsline? They reported it as a HR and then I left work without hearing it blew back.

Never been so happy to be wrong!

Oh, and I'll be getting stoned in fifteen minutes.

That is, if Ashcroft hasn't confiscated my bowl...

alohafri
04-02-2003, 10:16 PM
"I hope this is the year that someone throws a little chin music at Mr. Sosa."
- Steve Dahl

Vsahajpal
04-02-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood

He did? You'd never know if you believed what Phil Rogers wrote:

Sosa had swung at three of 16 pitches before lifting a high fly to deep left in the sixth inning. He took a half-hearted hop out of the batter's box but wasn't surprised when left fielder Cliff Floyd caught the ball one step onto the warning track. The wind, which was blowing in at 7 m.p.h. at game time, helped keep it in the park.

Now, I saw the game live, and ESPN must've replied his reaction alone about half-dozen times (Hell, they showed Bill Murray's reaction just as many times). Sosa did his customary hop, skip, and the jump, and even clapped his hands, head down, on his way to 500...after he realised the ball landed in Floyd's glove, he twice turned his head to left still in disbelief.

From the AP recap:

NEW YORK (AP) -- Sammy Sosa took a big swing and sent a fly ball soaring to left field. Sure it was home run No. 500, he immediately threw his arms up, took a signature hop and clapped his hands.

"I hit it great,'' he said. "Everybody thought it.''

Further...

"I put a great swing on that ball,'' Sosa said.

To the sparse Shea Stadium crowd, it looked like a home run and the fans let out a big shout. Sosa also thought he'd become the 18th major leaguer to reach 500 homers as he put his head down and began a wide trot.

"I thought he hit it,'' Leiter said. "When he did his little dance, I thought it, too.''

ScottyTheSoxFan
04-03-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Well put RK, he deserves nothing less than a high & tight one. By the way, is that Gary Pettis coaching first for the Mets? Yikes.

that is him.
:firepettis
wont be long

fuzzy_patters
04-03-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
He did? You'd never know if you believed what Phil Rogers wrote:

Sosa had swung at three of 16 pitches before lifting a high fly to deep left in the sixth inning. He took a half-hearted hop out of the batter's box but wasn't surprised when left fielder Cliff Floyd caught the ball one step onto the warning track. The wind, which was blowing in at 7 m.p.h. at game time, helped keep it in the park.

Now, I saw the game live, and ESPN must've replied his reaction alone about half-dozen times (Hell, they showed Bill Murray's reaction just as many times). Sosa did his customary hop, skip, and the jump, and even clapped his hands, head down, on his way to 500...after he realised the ball landed in Floyd's glove, he twice turned his head to left still in disbelief.

From the AP recap:

NEW YORK (AP) -- Sammy Sosa took a big swing and sent a fly ball soaring to left field. Sure it was home run No. 500, he immediately threw his arms up, took a signature hop and clapped his hands.

"I hit it great,'' he said. "Everybody thought it.''

Further...

"I put a great swing on that ball,'' Sosa said.

To the sparse Shea Stadium crowd, it looked like a home run and the fans let out a big shout. Sosa also thought he'd become the 18th major leaguer to reach 500 homers as he put his head down and began a wide trot.

"I thought he hit it,'' Leiter said. "When he did his little dance, I thought it, too.''

I just want to say that I think you might be the classiest Cubs fan there is. You came on a message board where everyone was bashing Sosa, and you understood where they were coming from well enough to remain neutral in your response. I don't think many Sox fans would have done the same had the shoe been on the other foor. Good job.