PDA

View Full Version : Calm yourself, Chip!

Viva Magglio
04-02-2003, 07:56 PM
Sosa just missed hitting No. 500, and Chip is going insane thinking the ball is gone. So did Sosa who did that stupid hop out of the batter's box.

LuvSox
04-02-2003, 07:58 PM
Move this thread if you must, but I'm laughing too hard to concentrate. Sosa just hit a fly to left, must've thought it was going out 'cause he started that stupid hop and was clapping like he just hit number 500. What a jerk, that was priceless!!!!!

:)

Jerry_Manuel
04-02-2003, 07:59 PM
That was so great.

He did the hop, and clapped his hands together. As he got past first he noticed the ball was caught and that he looked like an ass.

ShoelessFred
04-03-2003, 12:29 AM
looked like and ass?

CORRECTION: he IS an ass!

:)

Bobby Thigpen
04-03-2003, 08:25 AM
Do the Cubs play the Yankees this year? I'd love to see Sosa try that hop against Clemens early in the game. I have a feeling he'd be getting a 96 mph heater to the ear next at bat. Too bad Clemens is just about the only one left with the balls to do it. :(:

34 Inch Stick
04-03-2003, 09:10 AM
Why do catchers let him hit their pads before his first at bat. I wish someone with stones would give him a push when he tries that.

Dan H
04-03-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Bobby Thigpen
Do the Cubs play the Yankees this year? I'd love to see Sosa try that hop against Clemens early in the game. I have a feeling he'd be getting a 96 mph heater to the ear next at bat. Too bad Clemens is just about the only one left with the balls to do it. :(:

A fast ball in the ear will be the only thing to stop that stupid hop. How many times has he done it only not to get the homer? It is time for the hop to stop.

voodoochile
04-03-2003, 10:15 AM
So let me get this straight...

ShamME hit the ball like he normally does.
ShamME thought it was gone.
The pitcher thought it was gone.
The announcer thought it was gone.
Part of the crowd thought it was gone.
ShamME acted like the ball was gone.

But the ball was not gone. Despite everything being the same as last year, the ball just didn't go as far...

Things that make you go hmmm....

cheeses_h_rice
04-03-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
So let me get this straight...

ShamME hit the ball like he normally does.
ShamME thought it was gone.
The pitcher thought it was gone.
The announcer thought it was gone.
Part of the crowd thought it was gone.
ShamME acted like the ball was gone.

But the ball was not gone. Despite everything being the same as last year, the ball just didn't go as far...

Things that make you go hmmm....

Perhaps Sham-ME was saving that missing $20,000 in cash for some more Flintstone Chewable vitamins...hmmmmm.

jortafan
04-03-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Move this thread if you must, but I'm laughing too hard to concentrate. Sosa just hit a fly to left, must've thought it was going out 'cause he started that stupid hop and was clapping like he just hit number 500. What a jerk, that was priceless!!!!!

What can we say. For an instant, he forgot he wasn't playing at Wrigley Field, where the basket in front of the wall would have snared that ball into another cheap home run.

34 Inch Stick
04-03-2003, 11:57 AM
The ball barely made the warning track.

harwar
04-03-2003, 12:20 PM
Al Lieter did a little hop & skip himself when he saw the ball was caught.Very Cool Al.

DrCrawdad
04-03-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Sosa just missed hitting No. 500, and Chip is going insane thinking the ball is gone. So did Sosa who did that stupid hop out of the batter's box.

The cheery Chip is a screamer. It doesn't really matter what the play is either.

For the sake of your eardrums, if you must watch Cub games, mute the sound.

DrCrawdad
04-03-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by harwar
Al Lieter did a little hop & skip himself when he saw the ball was caught.Very Cool Al.

Oh, so that is Lieter did to upset Cub fans. I wasn't sure what people were talking about, since I didn't see Lieter do the hop.