PDA

View Full Version : Grab some bench Rowand

Irishsox1
04-02-2003, 04:07 PM
I know that he's O for the year, but I've had it with this 4A player. He can't hit for average, he has no power and is slightly above average in the outfield. I had it with this moron.

Hullett_Fan
04-02-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Irishsox1
I know that he's O for the year, but I've had it with this 4A player. He can't hit for average, he has no power and is slightly above average in the outfield. I had it with this moron.

DITTO. Said that in ST. Need a proven lead-off hitter in CF to get on base for the big guns...if and when Maggs, Frank, Konerko and Lee warm up.

34 Inch Stick
04-02-2003, 04:33 PM
The problem is there is no real contingency plan if Rowand fails. Borchard needs more time and Harris may never be able to play the position. You are stuck with Rowand whether you like it or not.

I am just hoping for .250 and average center field play.

doublem23
04-02-2003, 05:02 PM
Center field has been a need of this team for quite some time. Of course they're not going to address it.

:KW
But I can bring you Rick White.

FarmerAndy
04-02-2003, 05:28 PM
I thought they should have brought Lofton back. He was available forever and would've been cheap.

Say what you want about Kenny, but he's better than anybody we've got to put out there right now.

jeremyb1
04-02-2003, 06:15 PM
lets trade maggs too. that guy only has one hit in two games. get him out of here.

i'm sorry but its completely ridiculous to critisize someone based on two games. it makes no sense to claim that its completely unrelated to the past two games when clearly it is. obviously you're playing on peoples frustrations when we just had two lackluster offensive games against kc and rowand was hitless.

MRKARNO
04-02-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
lets trade maggs too. that guy only has one hit in two games. get him out of here.

But we SHOULD trade Maggs. He is terrible

baggio202
04-02-2003, 08:07 PM
rowand really does look lost right now..he is swinging at almost every first pich and pulling everything...thats what rookies do..while he isnt a seasoned veteran he isnt a rawrookie either..thats gotta stop quick

btw..was it just me or did everybody seem to ground out to randa today???...anyone on the team ever here the phrase "take it the other way"???

Lip Man 1
04-02-2003, 10:12 PM
But Rowand does have one thing going for him...he works cheap! (can't have the payroll exceeding the Twins you know!)

Lip

SoxxoS
04-02-2003, 10:27 PM
Here is what I think is going to happen-

Something will happen (Rowand really struggling, or gets hurt) and Borchard will get the call a lot earlier than expected. Call it a hunch.

Stoky44
04-02-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
But we SHOULD trade Maggs. He is terrible

Please be joking :?:

CHISOXFAN13
04-03-2003, 12:27 AM
Irish Sox:

You make it sound like Rowand has been around forever?

Give the guy a break.

NOBODY IS HITTING

It's a team problem right now. Not one guy.

And to those of you who would rather have Lofton, please tell me you are joking. After starting strong, he quit last year. He was a dog after May, and I'm glad he's in Pittsburgh. At least Rowand plays hard 100 percent of the time.