PDA

View Full Version : I dont understand it

oldcomiskey
04-02-2003, 04:07 PM
why is Graffy bunting on 2-0 and 3-2

LuvSox
04-02-2003, 04:11 PM
2-0, maybe. But 3-2, that's just little league. Thank you JM! Please go find a bench coach job somewhere and let us be. :angry:

Konerko05
04-02-2003, 04:13 PM
Worst at-bat ever. What a waste.

nixsox
04-02-2003, 04:23 PM
That's because we have a little league manager! :angry:

oldcomiskey
04-02-2003, 05:15 PM
no way do you bunt 2-0 in that situation---he just walked Jiminez and was wild doing it--also why if your Brian Daubach do you swing at the first pitch--guess all this would be moot if it wasnt for all those stranded runners

TheBigHurt
04-02-2003, 05:55 PM
GRAFFY could be bunting at 2-0 but with 2 strikes with already 3 hits he should of been hacking.

BE GOOD SON'S

duke of dorwood
04-02-2003, 06:01 PM
He already had 3 hits-the 3-2 bunt was surrender to someone throwing 95 in shadows.

LuvSox
04-02-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
why if your Brian Daubach do you swing at the first pitch

That's another point I wanted to bring up. Daubach is facing a kid IN HIS MAJOR LEAGUE DEBUT! Daubach probably didn't know that but someone must've scouted the Royals and could've told him to take a few pitches, see if the kid's nervous. Jee-zus F-ing Christ! :angry: :angry: :angry:

jeremyb1
04-02-2003, 07:31 PM
i think bunting with graff was a terrible, especially once he had 2-0 and 3-2 counts but i think its a little to easy to only blame manuel. this type of "small ball" is all to widely accepted in many baseball circles. i certainly don't think manuel is the only manager that would bunt in that situation.

Viva Magglio
04-02-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
i certainly don't think manuel is the only manager that would bunt in that situation.

You're right. Jim Essian, Terry Bevington, Stump Merrill, Hal McRae, and Preston Gomez would have too.

AngelLeroy
04-02-2003, 07:54 PM
Dave Wills brought up an interesting point about this today. He said he likes to wait on making judgements on this stuff until we find out whether it was a coaching decision, or a player deciding he would take the decision into his own hands.

baggio202
04-02-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
no way do you bunt 2-0 in that situation---he just walked Jiminez and was wild doing it--also why if your Brian Daubach do you swing at the first pitch--guess all this would be moot if it wasnt for all those stranded runners

isnt it pretty much accepted that if a pinch hitter gets a good pitch to hit on the first pitch he should swing at it???...how many times last year did we all go crazy watching liefer take a strike 3 call as a pinch hitter??..i think any pinch hitter thats up there to drive in a run has to hack at the first good pitch he sees..they dont have the luxary of 4 at bats and being loose from playing all game and knowing exactly what the umpire is calling a ball or a strike on a close pitch

oldcomiskey
04-02-2003, 09:12 PM
Ill give you the one on Daubach--but I still say we cant win if we strand 10 runners a game

DonkeyKongerko
04-02-2003, 09:43 PM
I believe Frank also had a first pitch ground out earlier in the game with a man in scoring position. I give him props for the game tying RBI in the 7th. At the time it was a clutch late-inning hit, something I hope to see more of from Frank and everyone else this year.