PDA

View Full Version : Wasting Buerhle and Colon's Starts

ssang
04-02-2003, 03:53 PM
My worst nightmare has been confirmed. The Sox start off the season against a crap team, the Royals. What do we do with our two studs.....?...?....? We lose both games to start off the season and we waste our only reliable pitcher's starts! Does anyone agree with me when I say that the Sox play down to their competition? I mean the Royals start off with 2 wins against us with Buerhle and Colon!?!?! Damn-it! Why can't the Sox just be awesome? We are cursed.

A.T. Money
04-02-2003, 04:08 PM
We're definitely cursed, and it makes me sick. I truly believe in karma, and the baseball Gods will hold the 1919 scandal over the south side forever.

I don't want to hear it's only 2 games either. These are the games we should win. It's crap like this that ruins seasons. I'm sick of the media hyping this team for 2 years and it's been nothing but a disaster.

ssang
04-02-2003, 04:29 PM
We're wasting starts people!

doublem23
04-02-2003, 04:53 PM
I'm actually sort of relieved... Both Buehrle and Colon looked very sharp. I still don't think there's much question that this team will hit... The pitching staff is still costing me the most sleep. Even if we lose again, tomorrow, a nice start by Jon Garland will calm my nerves.

Remember, folks, it's April 2. Lots more chances for those two to get their 20 wins.

oldcomiskey
04-02-2003, 05:24 PM
oh please do shut up---do you want bread with your whine

PaleHoseGeorge
04-02-2003, 05:30 PM
Hey, let's look at the bright side. If you think our #3 and #4 pitchers suck, just imagine what Kansas City and Detroit must have!

If I was any more condescending to our opponents, I would be French.

:)

jeremyb1
04-02-2003, 06:13 PM
colon pitched well enough to win today but its not like he dominated. if he needs to win a lot of games like this to get back to 20 he's not going to win 20 again.

MRKARNO
04-02-2003, 08:06 PM
The hitters should be providing more run support for our aces. That is the real issue

TheBigHurt
04-02-2003, 08:09 PM
WELL it this series was a big waste to say the least :angry: :angry: :angry:

BE GOOD burly-man or mon

Lip Man 1
04-02-2003, 10:09 PM
I honestly do think the Sox are cursed until 2019 (100 years Black Sox). there is simply no other way to explain the bizarre things that always seem to happen to this franchise.

On another note, it's not the media's fault the Sox can't bunt, hit and run, run the bases, throw to the correct bases or execute rundowns.

Last I looked the field manager was responsible for getting the most out of his players.

Lip

A.T. Money
04-02-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I honestly do think the Sox are cursed until 2019 (100 years Black Sox). there is simply no other way to explain the bizarre things that always seem to happen to this franchise.

On another note, it's not the media's fault the Sox can't bunt, hit and run, run the bases, throw to the correct bases or execute rundowns.

Last I looked the field manager was responsible for getting the most out of his players.

Lip

Come on Lip, I'm not saying the media is responsible for the performance of the players. I think you might have read me wrong there. I'm just saying that all the positive hype from the media has resulted in negative results. It's just bad luck I guess.

Lip Man 1
04-02-2003, 11:51 PM
No problem! Although here's an interesting twist on your position.

Phil Rogers did a column this past off season (I think) on the fact that the Sox have performed better under Jerry Manuel every season when they were basically out of the race. (I didn't think it was every season but that's splitting hairs!)

Perhaps this team is already feeling the pressure from raised expectations from the media and fans and are reacting accordingly.

Lip

A.T. Money
04-03-2003, 12:08 PM
Yeah they are trying to do too much.

They just need to remain cool.