PDA

View Full Version : Rick Whiite

Stoky44
04-02-2003, 03:29 PM
ALL I GOT TO SAY IS RICK WHITE SUCKS!!!!! NEVER SHOULD HAVE SIGNED HIM. NEVER SHOULD HAVE PUT HIM ON THE 25 MAN ROSTER!! :bundy :angry: :whiner:

bc2k
04-02-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Stoky44
ALL I GOT TO SAY IS RICK WHITE SUCKS!!!!! NEVER SHOULD HAVE SIGNED HIM. NEVER SHOULD HAVE PUT HIM ON THE 25 MAN ROSTER!! :bundy :angry: :whiner:

I blame JR for this one. Juan Acevedo was KW's first option, but couldn't afford him.

Mammoo
04-02-2003, 03:37 PM
Was Colon struggling?

Why was he taken out? Didn't White have a ****ty spring? In fact, wasn't it so ****ty that he felt compelled to make jokes about his poor spring performance?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Looks like a typical White Sox start. :(:

capn12
04-02-2003, 03:42 PM
Colons pitch count was right at 100, maybe more after 6 innings. He needed to be pulled, but not for White!!

A.T. Money
04-02-2003, 03:47 PM
I rolled my eyes when I saw that he was in the game when it's 3-3.

Geez.

Stoky44
04-02-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by capn12
Colons pitch count was right at 100, maybe more after 6 innings. He needed to be pulled, but not for White!!

I am sorry but pitch counts can be such a load of crap. His last inning was strong and he was still throwing hard. I think he should at least pitch one more inning. We always talk about how many innings Colon eats up, well he did that on other teams throwning more than 100 pitches. Colon won't be as successful if we let him only pitch 110 or so pitches.

capn12
04-02-2003, 03:52 PM
but come on, man...it is his first start after Spring Training....his control wasnt great, and the count was high

czalgosz
04-02-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Stoky44
I am sorry but pitch counts can be such a load of crap. His last inning was strong and he was still throwing hard. I think he should at least pitch one more inning. We always talk about how many innings Colon eats up, well he did that on other teams throwning more than 100 pitches. Colon won't be as successful if we let him only pitch 110 or so pitches.

It's early in the season; no point in abusing him now.

The team has got to see who in the bullpen can do the job and who can't. Now's a better time than any.

LuvSox
04-02-2003, 04:21 PM
I'm not gonna pick on White's performance just yet, it's early. But I'm tired of hearing "He had a mediocre season last year but did great at the end." What the hell does that mean? That was over 6 months ago and, by the looks of him, several hundred beers ago.

Medford Bobby
04-02-2003, 04:22 PM
:angry: Hey even the Craparado Rockies thought this guy was a dud and got rid of him...I thought it was strange that the Sox would pick up any pitcher from the Rockies (they are basically useless after pitching in Coor's :gulp: Field)...just ask the Braves!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

:KW " Is Chad Bradford REALLY still pitching in the big leagues???"

SoxxoS
04-02-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
It's early in the season; no point in abusing him now.

The team has got to see who in the bullpen can do the job and who can't. Now's a better time than any.

Not really. Why not put him in when we are down 2? Put him in when we are either a) up by 2 b) down by a bunch. Glover/Marte should have gotton the call in a 3-3 ballgame.

nixsox
04-02-2003, 04:27 PM
Colon should have stayed in the game. He looked stronger in the 6th then in the 1st or 2nd. Hawk also commented that he was just starting to get loose. I think he only gave up 4 hits. :angry:

34 Inch Stick
04-02-2003, 04:27 PM
That is the absolute truth. Until they prove that it wrong the formula should be Glover in the 7th, Marte in the 8th and Koch in the 9th.

F, F, F, I am so hopping mad right now.

Huisj
04-02-2003, 04:33 PM
after white's spring, he really doesn't even belong on a 25 man roster, and since he is, he really doesn't belong in a stinking tie game.

as for whoever said "now is as good a time as ever" about trying out white, well, get him into some stinking spots where he can't blow the game totally on one pitch. sure, it's still early, but on the other hand, every win now is one less you gotta make up and scramble to get later on in the season. it's not like losing now creates a greater probability of winning later. losing now means digging a hole meaning the team has to win later, but there's no guarantee they will.

Konerko05
04-02-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Medford Bobby
:angry: Hey even the Craparado Rockies thought this guy was a dud and got rid of him...I thought it was strange that the Sox would pick up any pitcher from the Rockies (they are basically useless after pitching in Coor's :gulp: Field)...just ask the Braves!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Craparado??

Randar68
04-02-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
That is the absolute truth. Until they prove that it wrong the formula should be Glover in the 7th, Marte in the 8th and Koch in the 9th.

F, F, F, I am so hopping mad right now.

I am just thinking that Jerry loves to F*** up his starting lineup every day, but once the game begins, he refuses to pinch-hit for matchups!!!!

That, and WHY IN THE WORLD DO YOU BRING IN WHITE IN A 3-3 GAME!!!???!???!?!?!?

jeremyb1
04-02-2003, 06:21 PM
i'm sorry but do some of you ever think before you post?

colon allowed 8 baserunners though his first five innings. he wasn't exactly dominant. its easy to say colon should've thrown 120 pitches on opening day now but try saying that when he goes down and our playoff hopes go with him.

yeah, white is a terrible pitched because he struggled in colorado's high altitude last season. anyone who's ever done that sucks right? except darryl kyle, dave veres, and many many other pitchers that have left coors.

and yeah, we should've cut white in the spring and eaten 800,000. jr would be a huge fan of that...

ScottyTheSoxFan
04-02-2003, 08:20 PM
Matt Ginter is a call away.

TheBigHurt
04-02-2003, 08:22 PM
RICK White is solid......he had a great season with the NY Meteropollitans and a great 2nd half with the Red Birds. HE shall be fine. Hopefully this ends all arugments on Whitey

BE GOOD whitey

Lip Man 1
04-02-2003, 10:06 PM
White has had a poor start but this also has to be considered, if Graffanino makes a good throw or Konerko actually scoops it out the inning is different isn't it?

Even if White gives up the home run, it's 4-3 instead of 5-3.

Fundamentals.

It looks like the Sox simply can't understand that concept, catch the ball, throw the ball, hit the ball.

The Sox only seem to be able to do the later but that's what management seems to want to entertain the fans.

Lip

fuzzy_patters
04-02-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
White has had a poor start but this also has to be considered, if Graffanino makes a good throw or Konerko actually scoops it out the inning is different isn't it?

Even if White gives up the home run, it's 4-3 instead of 5-3.

Fundamentals.

It looks like the Sox simply can't understand that concept, catch the ball, throw the ball, hit the ball.

The Sox only seem to be able to do the later but that's what management seems to want to entertain the fans.

Lip

For once I agree with you. It's tough to criticize White when the Sox came out and immediately made an error behind him.

There is no excuse for the lack of situational hitting and defense today. The Sox did a much better job in the spring including cutting last year's spring error total by 25. Maybe JM left the team in Tuscon.