PDA

View Full Version : Game Day Opinion!

balz1472
04-02-2003, 03:27 PM
A few of my friends who all use IM tools were just having a discussion about the game when I thought about the fact that we wind up chatting throughout the game. It made me realize that I get NOTHING done while they play day games... especially when they are sucking it up like they have today and on Monday afternoon.
I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this same trend?

dllrbll7
04-02-2003, 03:30 PM
Ya ive been tryin to work on a lab report since i started to watch the game and to say the least i have probably written more here on WSI then on my report but i cant get myself to turn off the tv even though it would help me soo much.

sox_fan_forever
04-02-2003, 03:38 PM
Yeah, same here. I have homework to do, but I couldn't focus on it. I finally gave up and just got online. I'll have to do the homework later.

jlh221fan
04-02-2003, 04:09 PM
Yes, I've always had this problem with weekday day games. Unless they're getting massacred, I can't get much done since I'm following just about every pitch on Gamecast. Not including Friday's home opener, there are still at least 4 more of these this month.

sox_fan_forever
04-02-2003, 04:15 PM
The Sox don't even play a night game until a week from today. :whiner: Sometimes I really enjoy day games but it seems like they usually end up frustrating me more than night games.

You are right, not counting Friday they have 4 more weekday day games this month.

balz1472
04-02-2003, 04:23 PM
Just means that I'll have 4 more days of work that will mean very little! Maybe they'll be better at night? One can only hope!

Brian26
04-02-2003, 04:27 PM
It's nice to have the Gameday available on the side while you listen to the game on the radio. If you want to check the box score or a stat, you have it available to you in front of your eyes, but for the most part you can get work accomplished with Rooney and Farmio in the background.

Chisox353014
04-02-2003, 04:47 PM
The only good thing about day game losses and being at work is that I don't have to actually watch the losing. It seems a little less real; I can sort of pretend it never happened. I try to avoid the high(low)lights on the news on days like this too. So, at the rate we're going, I may not actually see the Sox play until I'm at the game Friday. Wonderful. :angry: