PDA

View Full Version : Dog Day..

steff
04-02-2003, 04:01 PM
Anyone ever taken their dogs..? We're thinking about takin the pup.. any experiences?

duke of dorwood
04-02-2003, 04:06 PM
My daughter took hers and on the parade around the warning track he got away and was caught by Jim Parque. It was a good experience-most of the dogs brought were well behaved. It was a good day, but later in the year then, too

TheBigHurt
04-02-2003, 04:13 PM
STEFF, since ive never been to Comiskey i wanted to ask you 2 ques about Dog Day??

Does any other MLB team have it?? and how much different is the atmosphere

fhqwhgads
04-02-2003, 04:46 PM
Although I'm certainly leaving it wide open for jokes, the Twins have had Dog Day at the Dome (and no, I'm not talking about Wednesday $1 Hot Dog Nights). It's a cool idea, and I think all parks should do it.

GO TWINS!

Juan Pizarro
04-02-2003, 05:08 PM
We went in 2000 and had a great time, except for Foulke giving up a dong in the 9th to lose it to Tampa Bay. It was August but fairly temperate. It's good they're doing it earlier, for the dogs' sake.
Making the parade around the warning track was fun. Parque in particular liked the dogs; we have a great picture of Nikita giving him a big wet one.
Talked with Sirotka, who had won the night before, and yelled some encouragement to Manuel along the lines of "Keep 'em rolling, Skip." He was nice, too.
If you're thinking about going ACT QUICKLY! Dog area seats are handled separately from regular game sales, and they always disappear long before you think they should.

LuvSox
04-02-2003, 05:13 PM
Arf

steff
04-02-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
STEFF, since ive never been to Comiskey i wanted to ask you 2 ques about Dog Day??

Does any other MLB team have it?? and how much different is the atmosphere

Well.. since I was asking others for their opinions and experiences.. I figured it was clear that I had NOT ever participated in one...

I guess I could answer your questions on the 20th if we decide to go.

Daver
04-02-2003, 10:45 PM
I took Chopper

:chopper

The first year they had Dog Day,it was a good time,I got to show off my dogs cooler opening capabilities in the parking lot before the game.

TheBigHurt
04-02-2003, 10:47 PM
WELL, shea and Yankmee stad. doesnt

BE GOOD

BLRMKRdave
04-03-2003, 08:28 AM
We are taking our dogs this year for the first time. I know that we had to fill out some paper work and that they are only reserving sports for 500 dogs. Cost about 60 bucks for the two tickets and parking. Dogs are free....any ideas on how to dress our dogs up? :D:

steff
04-03-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by BLRMKRdave
We are taking our dogs this year for the first time. I know that we had to fill out some paper work and that they are only reserving sports for 500 dogs. Cost about 60 bucks for the two tickets and parking. Dogs are free....any ideas on how to dress our dogs up? :D:

Hey.. thanks for the info. I just emailed my rep so I can get this all taken care of. We can't make it the 17th so I'm hoping I can trade those tickets in for the Saturday game. I've only traded weekday for weekday in the past. Do they let you trade weekday to weekend does anyone know..?

I have no idea how to dress the dog. And I hadn't even thought about it. Now I gotta get Ginger a cool outfit!! :D:

steff
04-03-2003, 01:38 PM
Boo Hoo... :whiner:

Dog day sold out already. Ginger will have to wait till next year.