PDA

View Full Version : Graff at SS

Soxboyrob
04-02-2003, 03:59 PM
Any idea what the thinking is with playing Graffy at SS? I'd think that Jimenez is better there and Graffy is probably a little more predisposed to be a 2Bman. Graffy may be the most horrible defensive SS I can remember seeing in a Sox uni and just wondered why he'd be allowed to play there, except in an emergency situation.

Bobby Thigpen
04-02-2003, 04:02 PM
Someone pointed out earlier how bad of an idea it would be to switch Jimenez back in forth from 2b to SS. I would agree with that. That is why I think you see Graffy at SS.

TheBigHurt
04-02-2003, 04:07 PM
WELL Graff did get a run!!!!!!!!! our 2nd of the season!!!!!!

whoooohoooooo.....watch single-season runs record (team)

BE GOOD

joecrede
04-02-2003, 04:33 PM
Graffinino can't play either short or third. 1 start, 1 error, 1 unearned run.

pudge
04-02-2003, 05:13 PM
I watched most of the game today, and Graff missed a slow groudball through the hole that I think Valentin or even Jimenez may have got to, which would have saved a run. Then makes the error that costs another run... brutal, brutal... and where was Valentin's bat late in the game?? Oh man, why was I ever looking forward to this season??

LuvSox
04-02-2003, 05:17 PM
I think it's safe to say the Yanks won't come calling for Crappanino to replace Jeter.

ssang
04-02-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by pudge
Oh man, why was I ever looking forward to this season??

I agree with that! Why do we do this to ourselves every single damned year!?!?!? Pure torture. Maybe I should start reading books instead of watching this team.

sox_fan_forever
04-02-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by pudge
Oh man, why was I ever looking forward to this season??

I'm beginning to wonder the same thing. I'm trying not to get too pessimistic after just two games, but I can't help but be disappointed. This just makes me thing of April 2001. That was miserable.