PDA

View Full Version : *Official* No KC/Sox gameday threads thread...

A.T. Money
04-02-2003, 03:33 PM
How come there aren't anymore game threads? We had them in ST, but not now. What gives?

TheBigHurt
04-02-2003, 04:04 PM
MAYBE the chat??? no idea

BE GOOD

A.T. Money
04-02-2003, 04:06 PM
I thought of that too, but I couldn't get into the chat. I think I may need to reinstall Java Virtual Machine. It works at home, but my PC at home rulez.

This one at work is piss.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-02-2003, 04:06 PM
WSI has two chatrooms, both open 24/7/365.

cheeses_h_rice
04-02-2003, 04:10 PM
I would like to point out that those of us with firewalls at work (hand raised) often can't get into the chat sessions whilst at our jobs.

One designated game-day thread would be nice for those in our situation. Just a suggestion.

TheBigHurt
04-02-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
WSI has two chatrooms, both open 24/7/365.

:) EVEN on Christmas????

voodoochile
04-02-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I would like to point out that those of us with firewalls at work (hand raised) often can't get into the chat sessions whilst at our jobs.

One designated game-day thread would be nice for those in our situation. Just a suggestion.

Anybody is free to start one and update it, but there isn't anyone who is assigned the task.

Just FYI, it's 3-3 mid-seven. Frank just drove in the tying run with two outs. Then Magglio popped up with men on first and third...

TheBigHurt
04-02-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Just FYI, it's 3-3 mid-seven. Frank just drove in the tying run with two outs. Then Magglio popped up with men on first and third...

WHOOOOHOOOO, but then maggs flies out to 3rd to end the threat

cheeses_h_rice
04-02-2003, 04:18 PM
Anybody is free to start one and update it, but there isn't anyone who is assigned the task.

OK cool, then I'll start 'em when I can.

Clutch hit by Frank there; too bad about Maggs, though.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-02-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
EVEN on Christmas????

As depressing as that seems, yes even on Christmas!

:gulp:

doublem23
04-02-2003, 04:24 PM
Royals 5, Sox 3... Joe Randa 2 run dinger off White...

voodoochile
04-02-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Royals 5, Sox 3... Joe Randa 2 run dinger off White...

Started with an E-6 that didn't go to Valentin... Platoon is looking Killer, Jerry

And, boy those veteran Sox relievers the Sox signed this off-season to solidify the bullpen are off to great starts, no?

White out, Marte in...

voodoochile
04-02-2003, 04:30 PM
Marte gets out of it no further damage. 5-3 Royals after 7.

CHISOXFAN13
04-02-2003, 04:35 PM
If Konerko can't scoop that ball, then Thomas may as well be out there. That's a routine scoop for a first baseman. Come on

Graffanino also has three hits today. COME ON

voodoochile
04-02-2003, 04:40 PM
Crede doubles, Rios singles all with 2 outs 5-4 KC.

Pitching change. 2 outs top of the 8th.

voodoochile
04-02-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
If Konerko can't scoop that ball, then Thomas may as well be out there. That's a routine scoop for a first baseman. Come on

Graffanino also has three hits today. COME ON

You're right. And the error I believe was given to Konerko. My bad...

A.T. Money
04-02-2003, 04:42 PM
White stinks. I made that clear in ST.

voodoochile
04-02-2003, 04:43 PM
Daubach swings at Carrasco's first pitch and flys out to left Mid 8th 5-4 KC,

RKMeibalane
04-02-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by SoxDemon
White stinks. I made that clear in ST.

White was dreadful in ST. I'm not sure why management elected to keep him on the roster. There were others who performed better. Once again, I think the decision boiled down to the fact that the Sox had spent money on White, and KW was looking to cover his ass.

valposoxfan
04-02-2003, 04:44 PM
ARRRGGGHHHHH this team is so damn frustrating!!!!!!

RKMeibalane
04-02-2003, 04:47 PM
Why did Manuel just empty his bench in the span of one inning. Using Rios was an excellent idea, but I don't know why Daubach was used. Olivio has good speed, and he may have been able to leg out an infield hit if it came to that. Now, Josh Paul is in the game. Nothing more needs to be said about him.

TheBigHurt
04-02-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by valposoxfan
ARRRGGGHHHHH this team is so damn frustrating!!!!!!

LMAO your right you know

Hangar18
04-02-2003, 04:51 PM
RIck WHite sucks. he sucked 5 out of the 6 months last year...
sucked all during Spring Training......and just sucked 7th inning
giving up 2 runs promptly. I see a pattern

voodoochile
04-02-2003, 04:51 PM
KC goes 1-2-3 with Koch pitching. Heading to the top of the ninth Sox need to get something going...

5-4 KC

RKMeibalane
04-02-2003, 04:53 PM
Rick White is this season's Todd Ritchie.

cheeses_h_rice
04-02-2003, 04:55 PM
KC goes 1-2-3 with Koch pitching. Heading to the top of the ninth Sox need to get something going...

5-4 KC

Not to sound too dramatic about it, but I will look at this 9th inning as a harbinger of things to come. In 2000, this team came back. In 2001 and 2002, it didn't.

2003, and............? We shall see.

:)

bc2k
04-02-2003, 04:56 PM
Jimenez did his job with a nice LEAD-OFF walk. Rally time!

RKMeibalane
04-02-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Not to sound too dramatic about it, but I will look at this 9th inning as a harbinger of things to come. In 2000, this team came back. In 2001 and 2002, it didn't.

2003, and............? We shall see.

I was thinking the same thing. This team needs to produce in these types of situations if they hope to make the postseason. More than that, if they want to advance to the later rounds of postseason play, they need to find ways to win when the offense is not clicking.

koch44
04-02-2003, 04:59 PM
MY GOD, Graffanino can't even ****ing bunt. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Procol Harum
04-02-2003, 04:59 PM
So, Tony G. bunting on a 3-2 count....right.

czalgosz
04-02-2003, 05:01 PM
Manuel goes from not pinch-hitting at all on Monday to pinch-hitting like crazy today... interesting, to say the least.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-02-2003, 05:01 PM
Manuel lets Graff bat for himself against a righty, the tying run at first, nobody out, and Frank on-deck. The pitcher can't find the strike zone, falls behind 3-1, and Graff foul tips it for out #1.

Franks grounds into DP. Game over.

Why is Valentin still sitting on the bench?

valposoxfan
04-02-2003, 05:09 PM
No damn emotion at all. None. If they get swept by the Royals, do not get your hopes up everyone. We saw what happened in 2001. Lost alot early and didn't have enough to come back. This team better show some life and quick. This team has no idea about baseball fundamentals. Bunting on 3-2 in the ninth with one on down one???? Give me a break!!! That is terrible!! Rick White showed he shouldn't be on this team today as well. Our two aces have looked alright but not spectacular. I don't wanna be someone who just packs it in after two games but from what I've seen, this team just doesn't care. It's tough to be positive. :angry:

voodoochile
04-02-2003, 05:10 PM
Manuel lets Graff bat for himself against a righty, the tying run at first, nobody out, and Frank on-deck. The pitcher can't find the strike zone, falls behind 3-1, and Graff foul tips it for out #1.

Franks grounds into DP. Game over.

Good question. I assume it was because Graff was 3-4, but having him bunt on 3-2 was just a bad decision, period.

harwar
04-02-2003, 05:11 PM

Jose played winter ball and is way ahead of most other hitters this time of year.It makes no sense to sit him today.I have the horrible feeling that no matter what the talent,we just are not going anywhere until we get a manager WHO KNOWS BASEBALL!!!

cheeses_h_rice
04-02-2003, 05:12 PM
I can't fault Graffy too much, after all he was the Sox's entire offensive output today, almost.

I have to blame Rick White. I hope he doesn't become the new "Gascan" on this squad...

Lip Man 1
04-02-2003, 05:13 PM
I guess they were still tired from the Birmingham trip...

I love the way Hawk is now making excuses on the post game show.

If the Sox score when they had earlier opportunities the White situation is moot.

Bottom line, this team looks dead emotionally already. You pin that on the manager.

Lip

koch44
04-02-2003, 05:16 PM
:chickenlittle

Hullett_Fan
04-02-2003, 05:16 PM
The season is over!!! Go Cubs!!! :D:

Juan Pizarro
04-02-2003, 05:19 PM
Not even mentioning the absurdity of bunting 3-2, the clown had walked Jimenez, Graffanino goes to 3-1 and you STILL have the bunt on? Hasn't anyone told the Tinkerer you play for the lead on the road and the tie at home? That was just pathetic; it could have been a big inning.
I've got GameCast dialed up (a LOT of errors in that sucker this yera; it'll give you a "so and so walked" only to correct a minute later that it was a strikeout, aargh), and the count goes to 3-1 and I say to my computer, "take the bunt off. PLEASE take the bunt off."
But, no.
Crap.

cheeses_h_rice
04-02-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by koch44
:chickenlittle

I don't think anyone here is saying what you're implying.

But the sad fact is, this team went with 2 of the best pitchers in the AL against one of the worst teams in all of baseball, and came up with goose eggs in both of 'em. NO ONE should take anything "good" away from these games, IMO.

The same ol' Sox problems (lack of clutch hitting, shaky relief, Jerry Manuel making dumb decisions) are popping up. I thought we had put most of this stuff behind us.

Hopefully this is just "one of those stretches." I'm cognizant of the fact that the 2000 season began with 2 losses, so I'm still keeping a positive attitude about the season.

Brian26
04-02-2003, 05:24 PM
Unbelievable that Graffanino was bunting with two strikes, let alone with a 3-1 count.

I'm guessing that decision had to come from the dugout, right? In a situation like that, Graf shouldn't be making the decision to bunt on his own.

Terrible way to take yourself out of the inning. With two strikes and the kind of day Graf was having, he was better off swinging away on 3-2 as opposed to bunting again.

bc2k
04-02-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
Jimenez did his job with a nice LEAD-OFF walk. Rally time!

And Thomas does the one thing he can't do if we want to win this game. Thank you buckles, that's a .000 batting average (0-2) this year in the ninth inning. Why doesn't he bring his normal plate patience to the ninth innings, especially with a wild pitcher?

Thank you skirt, take a bow, er...I mean, courtsey, woman.

GAME ENDING DOUBLE PLAY. WHOOOO

voodoochile
04-02-2003, 05:31 PM
And Thomas does the one thing he can't do if we want to win this game. Thank you buckles, that's a .000 batting average (0-2) this year in the ninth inning. Why doesn't he bring his normal plate patience to the ninth innings, especially with a wild pitcher?

I think it's time to take a different tact with these anti-hurt folks...

Since every time he fails to do something positive is the end of the world, I think the FOBH should scream and raise the roof every time he does something good...

Here's an example...

OHMIGAWD!!! DID YOU SEE THAT SMOKING LINE DRIVE FRANK HIT WITH TWO OUTS IN THE SEVENTH AND THE SOX DOWN A RUN WITH THE TYING RUN ON SECOND!!! WOOHOOO!!! FRANK IS THE MAN!!!

GO GET 'EM FRANK. YOU'RE THE ONLY SOX HITTER WHO CAME TO PLAY BOTH GAMES!!!

Wonder which side lasts longer...

StepsInSC
04-02-2003, 05:47 PM
I think it's time to take a different tact with these anti-hurt folks...

Since every time he fails to do something positive is the end of the world, I think the FOBH should scream and raise the roof every time he does something good...

Here's an example...

OHMIGAWD!!! DID YOU SEE THAT SMOKING LINE DRIVE FRANK HIT WITH TWO OUTS IN THE SEVENTH AND THE SOX DOWN A RUN WITH THE TYING RUN ON SECOND!!! WOOHOOO!!! FRANK IS THE MAN!!!

GO GET 'EM FRANK. YOU'RE THE ONLY SOX HITTER WHO CAME TO PLAY BOTH GAMES!!!

Wonder which side lasts longer...

Voodoo that is a great idea, and from here on out I'm gonna do just that.

Some people can never grasp that in baseball failing 7 times out of 10 is considered GOOD.

calebhatesyou
04-02-2003, 05:54 PM
sox lose!

i went to opening day here in tampa ( you have to go to opening da somewhere) and i was watch the goose egg stay on the scoreboard for the sox and i was thing " KC mike sweeny and that other guy.....you know....that guy." well that other guy is joe freakin' randa. he poked a pitch by a new sox reliever ( i forgot his name. for shame, for shame).they were up by two at that point, but jerry and the sox did show some life in the 8th with a pinch hit rbi by rios. frank ended it with a DP after a botched bunt by graffy. we can't lose three in a row to KC, can we?

drink up boys!!!
:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

doublem23
04-02-2003, 05:58 PM

You're such a ****ing idiot it's ridiculous.

RKMeibalane
04-02-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
You're such a ****ing idiot it's ridiculous.

Thank you, doublem23. You "took the words right out of my mouth."

calebhatesyou
04-02-2003, 06:28 PM
look this brings a good point about frank. he's not a situational hitter. he is a hitter. it makes no difference if it's in the 9th or the 1st, he's going to hit the ball to a defender 2 out of 3 times ( that's if he's doing well. last year it was 3 out of ). i'm sure what'shisname ( this frank hater) failed to notice frank muscling one to center earlier as well as maggs miss of a ball right down the middle to kill the rally. it seems like to me that earlier in franks career he was just like maggs, and everyone noticed when he pulled through and chalked it up to the odds when he didn't. cut the guy a break he is still subject to the odds of baseball.

doublem23
04-02-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by calebhatesyou
look this brings a good point about frank. he's not a situational hitter. he is a hitter. it makes no difference if it's in the 9th or the 1st, he's going to hit the ball to a defender 2 out of 3 times ( that's if he's doing well. last year it was 3 out of ). i'm sure what'shisname ( this frank hater) failed to notice frank muscling one to center earlier as well as maggs miss of a ball right down the middle to kill the rally. it seems like to me that earlier in franks career he was just like maggs, and everyone noticed when he pulled through and chalked it up to the odds when he didn't. cut the guy a break he is still subject to the odds of baseball.

Don't mind bc2k... He has very selective memory that prohibits anyone from taking him seriously. If he'd actually watched the game, he'd notice that just about every other guy on this team he creams over (Konerko, Ordonez to name a few) didn't put on an exhibition of clutch hitting. In fact, if Rick White hadn't let Joe Randa take him to center, Frank would have singled home the winning run in the 7th.

And of course, let's not bring up the fact that in these first two offensively-dreadful games, Frank is batting .333 (only behind Crede's .429), has the highest OBP on the team at .556 (he's taken more walks than the rest of the team combined), and has driven in one of the few runs for this team.

Like it or not, Frank is performing. We're 0-2 despite his best efforts.