PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP- Home Opener Question

ando4523
04-02-2003, 09:33 AM
I am wondering if anyone who has experience or knows from hearsay how early you actually have to get to Comiskey in order to get into the bullpen sports bar on Opeing Day.

I assume a line forms early, as a buddy of mine tried to get in last year, got to the park about 3 hours before first pitch, and did not even get in, let alone the patio.

So, if you know of any advice, I would appreciate it. And hope to see eveyone out there this weekend.

Thanks
Matt

dllrbll7
04-02-2003, 09:37 AM
Well i do know that you need an actual ticket to the game to get into the bar, so you would at least be able to get into the game. I however have never tried to get into it so i dont know what time you would have to show up.

balz1472
04-02-2003, 09:37 AM
I have not been there on opening day, but I have been there on a couple of Saturday mornings nearly 3 hrs early and barely got a "table seat".

A friend of mine said they got there with a cooler 4 1/2 hrs before the Cubs/Sox game last year and they got in, but some of their friends did not get in and they were there about 3 1/2 hrs before.

Hope that helps some.

voodoochile
04-02-2003, 11:18 AM
I've never been to the bullpen bar and I go to several games a year minimum.

Couple of general questions:

1)Will any ticket get you into the bar, or does it have to be LD or some other specific location?

2)On a normal day, how long before game time should I show up to get a table in the BSB?

3)If you don't get a table, what happens? Does everyone stand around the bar itself? Can you still see from there? Do they close the doors when all the tables are gone?

4)How is the view from inside?

hsnterprize
04-02-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I've never been to the bullpen bar and I go to several games a year minimum.

Couple of general questions:

1)Will any ticket get you into the bar, or does it have to be LD or some other specific location?

2)On a normal day, how long before game time should I show up to get a table in the BSB?

3)If you don't get a table, what happens? Does everyone stand around the bar itself? Can you still see from there? Do they close the doors when all the tables are gone?

4)How is the view from inside?

A couple of general answers:

1)Any ticket into the ballpark will do. As long as you have admission to the park, you can get into the Bullpen Sports Bar. Only stipulation is that you have to be of legal drinking age to get in.

2)I confess I'm not exactly sure on that one. Everytime I've been in the BSB (before the upper tier addition), I've gotten there during the game, walked right in, and stood around. At that time, the best view was right behind the right field fence, and depending on the crowd, you could end up waiting a good while to get to that point. So I'll assume you'll have to wait a while before you can get either a right-field ground view, or a chair in the upper tier.

3)I'm guessing if you don't get a table, then you're free to walk around inside the bar itself. If they've done any renovations to that, then you should get a good view of the field from a special standing area behind the right fielder. Other that that, you won't get that much of a view from the back walls of the bar...especially if there's a lot of people in it. But...there are plenty of TVs in the place, so even if you can't see the action live, you can glance at a monitor and see the game.

4)The view from inside is okay if it's not completely crowded. Once again, if you're on the ground level, head to a door that leads to a standing-room area behind the right fielder. That door is usually guarded, so don't give the guard any lip. He/she will let people in/out little by little, so if you can't get to the field right away, be patient. That view, once you get outside, is pretty nice. You're on the field, and you can see the field from the right fielder's perspective. I can't answer for how the field looks from the upper tier of the BSB...I haven't been on it yet.

The atmosphere inside the BSB is pretty nice. I'm sure you'll like it if the "bar scene" is your thing. Or, if you just want to relax, drink a cold one, and watch the game, it'll also do.

dllrbll7
04-02-2003, 11:46 AM
I do believe you have to pay an extra $10 or so to get in the BSB. It may jusst be to get in the outside portion but im not sure.

Hullett_Fan
04-02-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
I do believe you have to pay an extra $10 or so to get in the BSB. It may jusst be to get in the outside portion but im not sure.

The extra $10 is for the outside portion only. No charge to get in the bar itself.

Kilroy
04-02-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Hullett_Fan
The extra $10 is for the outside portion only. No charge to get in the bar itself.

Unless something changed, the $10 was fur the upper section of the outside seating. the lower section was still free the last time I went in there...

Nixey 02
04-02-2003, 01:57 PM
Last year, the upper section was $10 (as Kilroy pointed out)...as for availability:

For Friday nights, weekends, half-price nights, and popular opponents to ensure a seat, you would be best to get in line at the right field corner gate before the gates to the park open.

For most other weeknights (for example: a Wednesday vs. Detroit) the upper patio section won't sell out.

I think the view from the upper patio section is great. If you can, get there early for BP.

steff
04-02-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Nixey 02
Last year, the upper section was $10 (as Kilroy pointed out)...as for availability:

For Friday nights, weekends, half-price nights, and popular opponents to ensure a seat, you would be best to get in line at the right field corner gate before the gates to the park open.

For most other weeknights (for example: a Wednesday vs. Detroit) the upper patio section won't sell out.

I think the view from the upper patio section is great. If you can, get there early for BP.

The view IS great. Our season seats are first row right behind the patio.

balz1472
04-02-2003, 03:08 PM
I second Nixey on that call, the view from the upper tier of seating is great. Probably my favorite spot to watch the game. Last year we spent most of the time we would go to the game and buy a "cheap seat" and pay the extra $10 to go up in upper tier of seating.

I also agree with his timing ideas... Opening Day and Cubs weekends obviously are exceptions to all rules.

dllrbll7
04-02-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by steff3603
The view IS great. Our season seats are first row right behind the patio.
Any idea what row that is that your seats are in? I have seats for one game right behind the BSB in row 12 but im not sure if that means 12 rows up from the BSB or 12 equivalent rows from before they added the BSB?