PDA

View Full Version : uniform patches

ihatethecubs
04-01-2003, 10:17 PM
dont know if this has been talked about before, but now that its officially us cellular field, what about the "comiskey park" patches the sox wear on the home jerseys? im gonna just guess they wont wear them anymore and this year it will be the all star game patch and then there will be no patch on the sleeve in the future.

ShoelessFred
04-01-2003, 10:19 PM
wow good point i didn't think of that. hopefully this year they will put an all star game patch on there and come up with something for next year. An updated silver and black logo from 1983 anyone?

Chisox_cali
04-01-2003, 11:04 PM
They have the Black Diamond with the Sock in it on one sleeve, and the AS Game Logo patch on the other, don't know what they'll next season, I'm sure they'll just come up with a US cell patch of somekind

ihatethecubs
04-02-2003, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
They have the Black Diamond with the Sock in it on one sleeve, and the AS Game Logo patch on the other, don't know what they'll next season, I'm sure they'll just come up with a US cell patch of somekind

the sock patch isnt on the home jersey. and i doubt they would wear a u.s. cellular patch, that'd be a free ad for them and anyways ads on jerseys is for soccer and nascar.

npdempse
04-05-2004, 12:12 PM
Watching the Pena/Guillen news conference yesterday, I saw Oz had a patch of initials on his uni--LHG, IIRC, like the RHK that the padres wore, or the GHS on the Bears. Who died?

Irishsox1
04-05-2004, 12:19 PM
The initials are probably for one of Reinsdorf's secretaries. The guy named the Berto Center for the Bulls for one of his old secretarys. You know Jerry, loyal to end, thats unless you cross him, then he sends you to hell!!

Hangar18
04-05-2004, 12:47 PM
It was a $$$ sign .........

Yorke97
04-05-2004, 01:08 PM
I've heard this one tossed around before and I liked the suggestion of the Chicago city flag as a new patch.