PDA

View Full Version : Media Tour of the Cell

Viva Magglio
04-01-2003, 09:05 PM
The media went on a tour of the newly named U.S. Cellular Field today. Looking at the video of the trip on NBC5, the scoreboard is either the blue that it was before or a dark green. At least on TV, I cannot tell dark colors very good. It certainly is not the kelly green we saw in the Sox press release rendering we saw yesterday. As we all know, the video replay board now occupies the entire middle of the scoreboard. In fact, I don't really think we can call it the scoreboard anymore!!!

Why? As you may have noticed, the line score and ball-strike-out count will be on the new matrix board in left center. If I saw it correctly, the new matrix board occupies the entire space meaning the lineup displays on each side of it are now gone. On the new matrix board, the lineup of the team batting appears on the left third of the board with the linescore and balls-strikes-out on the bottom of the board. The matrix displays take place beside and above this.

There are also LED boards around the place, like those you see at the United Center and Ryan Field. Also, I noticed a somewhat different-looking facade of the tri-level pressbox/broadcast area/sky suites behind home plate.

We also now have an enhanced center field picnic area. I must mention that the outfield and upper deck concourses have been remodeled to resemble the lower deck concourse.

Finally, there is the new paint scheme. As we have reported previously, the white tubing around the outfield scoreboards and ads has been painted what looks like a charcoal gray. The overhang above the upper deck is now black, and the facades of the club level and upper deck are now gray.

ShoelessFred
04-01-2003, 10:24 PM
it's all coming along nicely

soxnut
04-02-2003, 12:29 AM
IT LOOKS GREAT :D:

One the rest of the changes take place, everyone can just shut up about the place.

We'll have aballpark to be proud of, and hopefully a team to be proud of. :D:

jortafan
04-02-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by soxnut
One the rest of the changes take place, everyone can just shut up about the place.

Who are you kidding?

To paraphrase Homer Simpson's view of being a sports fan, it's our constitutional right, no our duty, to make complete asses of ourselves.

We'll find something to complain about.