Chicago Sun-Times:

4 cub stories/Lead
3 sox stories
Cubs also get the Color Picture& Lead story

Chicago Tribune:

4 cub stories/Lead
3 sox stories
Cubs get Color Picture & Lead Story

Now that the season has started, Id like to introduce a new stat that Id like to include, only for the Duration of the Actual Season.
The Lead Story/Picture Index. As you may know, editors of papers have to separate stories and determine which ones are more "important", therefore getting the "lead" story treatment. One wants to be the lead story all the time, but supposedly, according to editors here in CHicago, the Lead Story would trade off DEPENDING ON WHO IS HOME. Ive noticed ove the years how the Cubs would still get the Important Cover Stories, even though they were in last place or wherever the hell they were.
So, to capitolize on my prediction Just Yesterday in March News watch, I said cub victory supersedes anything else in chicago, therefore Giving them the coveted COVER for 4/1 in BOTH papers.
Nice to see how Mariotti was on the SoxWagon yesterday, and 24 hours later, hes all over how Great Corey Patterson is. what a buster.

Hangar18
04-10-2003, 10:11 AM
there is a gap, and i will fill it in...but nice to see how the amazing start by the world champion cub juggernaut has the media in a Feeding Frenzy
Thursday 4/10/03

Cubs 312
Sox 233

Chicago SunTimes:

6 cub stories
3 sox stories

CUB Lead Story/Pic

Chicago Tribune:

3 Cub storie
3 Sox stories
CUB Lead Story/PIC

LeadStory/Pic
cubs 4
sox 0

the media assault has begun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Media has begun their SHock and Awe Media Campaign that will free us of the Sox, and make us all Cub fans.....

Hangar18
04-11-2003, 03:58 PM
Friday 4/11/03
cub lead story/pics 5
sox lead story/pics 1

Chicago SunTimes:

2 cub stories
2 sox stories

Sox Get Lead Story/pic

Chicago Tribune:

3 cub stories
3 sox stories

Cub lead story/pic

Was nice to see a giant pic of Buehrle in todays suntimes.
Cubs however, though they lost, stilll managed to get the important Lead Story/Color Picture treatment.