PDA

View Full Version : :angry: Manuel Already off to BAD start

ssang
04-01-2003, 10:40 AM
I would say that after 1 freakin' game that Jerry manuel has already had 2 screw-ups.

1) Why did he pull in the infield in the second inning in a scoreless game? Runners were on 2nd and 3rd with no outs, but this move shows that he either lacks confidence in Buerhle or the Sox offense or both. It was the 2nd inning for God's sakes! Why do this move already?

2) He didn't pinch hit a lefty late in the game for Alomar. Manuel NEVER does this. I don't think he seems to grasp the concept of using the bench. The Sox were running out of innings and Jerry failed to make the correct move yet again.

This is not a good sign. I'd give Manuel 20 games of this crap until I officially am calling for his head. He is too soft spoken, he plays with the lineup WAY too much, and obviosuly his in game decisions are horrendous.

I know it's one game. But We as Sox fans have been dealing with this crap for years now. Time is running out of Jerry IMO. I have very little confidence in him and all he does is continue to prove me right. ........ Please Discuss.....