PDA

View Full Version : JM Itching to Leave?

Viva Magglio
04-01-2003, 09:26 AM
Reports from Doug Padilla in the Sun-Times and from Chris DeLuca on Murph & Fred suggest that Jerry Manuel may be itching to leave. Padilla reported in the Sun-Times that Manuel may retire if we go all the way. DeLuca said on the Score that Manuel is building a winter home in California. Keep in mind that Manuel normally spends his offseason in Chicago and that he suggested to Dusty Baker that he do the same. Hmmm.

ssang
04-01-2003, 09:58 AM
Any chance that Manuel will leave today? That would be super!

cheeses_h_rice
04-01-2003, 10:28 AM
I can just imagine him tinkering around with different flooring materials and paint swatches....

:jerry:

Hmm...maple or oak? Benjamin Moore or Ralph Lauren? So many questions!

34 Inch Stick
04-01-2003, 10:38 AM
Isn't it great when the aspirations of the manager match the aspirations of the fans. Don't leave us with Bruce Kim though.

ScottyTheSoxFan
04-01-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Isn't it great when the aspirations of the manager match the aspirations of the fans. Don't leave us with Bruce Kim though.

well if we win and jm leaves, joe torre will be available.

LuvSox
04-01-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Isn't it great when the aspirations of the manager match the aspirations of the fans. Don't leave us with Bruce Kim though. I hope they have an alternate plan for this year. If the Sox start out in a slump there is no doubt in my mind that JM is a goner. I only hope that they have someone in the pen, and not Kimm or Ward.

Daver
04-01-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
I hope they have an alternate plan for this year. If the Sox start out in a slump there is no doubt in my mind that JM is a goner. I only hope that they have someone in the pen, and not Kimm or Ward.

Phil Rogers belives Wally Backman would be in the running as the top guy for JM's replacement,but I would prefer Nick Leyva,if they stick to the formula from promoting within the organization.

ShoelessFred
04-03-2003, 12:34 AM
BOBBY VALENTINE BABY!!

sox_fan_forever
04-03-2003, 03:49 PM
No way. I can't stand Bobby V.

Dick Allen
04-03-2003, 05:03 PM
Isn't Al Lopez still alive?