PDA

View Full Version : who is throwing out first pitch?

mike squires
03-31-2003, 11:32 PM
Anyone know who is throwing out the first pitch on opening day?

gosox41
04-01-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by mike squires

Knowing the Sox it's either the Oak Ridge Boys or Joan Cusak.

jortafan
04-02-2003, 01:17 PM
The White Sox said Wednesday morning the first pitch would be tossed out by Rod Blagojevich, our beloved governor.

Am I the only one who has a problem with the Sox seeking out a Cubs fan for Opening Day first pitch duties? If you want a pol, how about Daley or House Speaker Michael Madigan? Although personally, a non-pol would be preferable.

Kilroy
04-02-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by jortafan
If you want a pol, how about Daley or House Speaker Michael Madigan? Although personally, a non-pol would be preferable.

Daley would probably be boo'ed right off the field after the stunt he pulled the other night...

ScottyTheSoxFan
04-02-2003, 09:06 PM

im still waiting for the call from rob gallas to do it.

TheBigHurt
04-02-2003, 09:11 PM
Anyone know who is throwing out the first pitch on opening day? I am. I said no, i was too busy but by popular demand i am throwing it. PLUS i cant pass a free trip to Chi-town, CAN i?? cause i may consider it :)

BE GOOD tinker-roo

ScottyTheSoxFan
04-02-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
I am. I said no, i was too busy but by popular demand i am throwing it. PLUS i cant pass a free trip to Chi-town, CAN i?? cause i may consider it :)

BE GOOD tinker-roo

really, i thought you would turn down the offer as a protest of willie harris getting sent down. j/k :)

TheBigHurt
04-02-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
really, i thought you would turn down the offer as a protest of willie harris getting sent down. j/k :)

LOL, nope i am over that. BUT seeing our recent offensive struggles i may have to have another Willie poll.

BE GOOD Willie-wee-wee

StepsInSC
04-02-2003, 09:26 PM

Doesn't matter it will still get hit 400 feet.

CWsox45
04-03-2003, 12:17 AM
GoSox41, you read my mind. Now that the Sox agreed to a deal with U.S.C., I get too much Joan Cusak on my TV set. I'm almost used to automatically hitting my mute button whenever I see her face.

CWSOX45

hose
04-03-2003, 07:08 AM

Gov. Blagovecich (from Illinois) :D: