PDA

View Full Version : Jeters down

ChiSoxFann
03-31-2003, 06:53 PM
On a slid to third Jeter hit the catchers shin gaurd and he hit him hard

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-31-2003, 06:55 PM
aww that sucks, i have him in the wsi fantasy league. i'm getting my butt whipped by mm :whiner:

ChiSoxFann
03-31-2003, 06:57 PM
there getting the strecher

MetalliSox
03-31-2003, 07:09 PM
May justbe a sprained shoulder or maybe even knocked it out of the socket. Could even be a broken collar bone.

I'm no doctor though.

Hate to see anyone go down opening day.

DrCrawdad
03-31-2003, 07:48 PM
I hear Billy Beane's phone ringing.

duke of dorwood
03-31-2003, 08:25 PM
The Boss there will make a move quickly if he's badly hurt

:hitless

Hello, George?

LuvSox
03-31-2003, 08:58 PM
He dislocated his shoulder. And broke a nail.

SoxxoS
03-31-2003, 09:06 PM
They have a stud SS in the minor leagues, his name escapes me. Anyone know? He is supposed to be very good...

SoxxoS
03-31-2003, 09:08 PM
I just looked it up-it's Erick Almonte. He is 24, so I bet he gets the call later tonite.

If you are a fantasy buff, probably not a bad player to pick up...right about now.

dougs78
03-31-2003, 09:29 PM
Is Almonte really that good?? I'm looking at his #'s from AAA last year and they are not inspiring. .235 average with four times as many K's as BB, not to mention 18 errors. Looks like he was there only about 1/2 the season and showed a little pop (9 HR's), but little else.

DrCrawdad
03-31-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
I just looked it up-it's Erick Almonte. He is 24, so I bet he gets the call later tonite.

If you are a fantasy buff, probably not a bad player to pick up...right about now.

Every Yankee prospect is a "can't miss future star" ... until the Yankees deal him.

KW get on the phone right now with Cashman. Thank Cashman for his part in the Colon deal and then tell Cashman about the stud, can't miss future HOF shortstop in our system - Jason Dellaero.

TheBigHurt
03-31-2003, 09:44 PM
WHOOHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOO

AS you know i hate JETER and his sucky ballclub the YANKMEES but i am hoping on him to recover.

*a side note-cant wait to see those looks on those YANKMEE fans tomorrow
*another side note-Baseball 2nights analyst's were praising him that he "took it for the team when he slid into 3rd" i mean come on thats what a baseball player do

p.s. GOOD LUCK Jeter on a full and speedy recovery

guillen4life13
03-31-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
WHOOHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOO

AS you know i hate JETER and his sucky ballclub the YANKMEES but i am hoping on him to recover.

*a side note-cant wait to see those looks on those YANKMEE fans tomorrow
*another side note-Baseball 2nights analyst's were praising him that he "took it for the team when he slid into 3rd" i mean come on thats what a baseball player do

p.s. GOOD LUCK Jeter on a full and speedy recovery

Hurt, I've agreed with you almost always in the past, but here I just have to say something. Though you say you wish Jeter a speedy recovery, I just think it's wrong to hoot in glee because someone may be out for an indefinite amount of time. I mean, if someone came up to me when Frank got hurt and said, "i wish him a full and speedy recovery, but, WOOHOO!" I'd be pissed off. You probably would be too. Just so you know.

Lip Man 1
03-31-2003, 10:51 PM
If it was a Sox player he'd be out for the season...with the Yankees luck Jeter will be back in a month (or less)

So instead of winning 98 games, the Yanks will win 93

Lip

DrCrawdad
04-01-2003, 06:51 AM
Jeter is usually a smart player, but sliding headfirst into a catcher is not smart.

guillen4life13
04-01-2003, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
...with the Yankees luck Jeter will be back in a month (or less)

Lip

I posted that before they announced he would back in I think they said 3 weeks. I was talking more on morals than the time it would take to get back. That's pain the guy went through (and I know many people have experienced worse pain in their lives), and if one gloats because of that, I just don't think that's right. I don't think I need to say more.

steff
04-01-2003, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
Hurt, I've agreed with you almost always in the past, but here I just have to say something. Though you say you wish Jeter a speedy recovery, I just think it's wrong to hoot in glee because someone may be out for an indefinite amount of time. I mean, if someone came up to me when Frank got hurt and said, "i wish him a full and speedy recovery, but, WOOHOO!" I'd be pissed off. You probably would be too. Just so you know.

Thank you guillen... Something about NY'ers and class... *sigh*

TheBigHurt
04-01-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13

I know, i was just trying to say i dont like Jeter too much but i wish him health...

WHOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BE GOOD