PDA

View Full Version : Test Results On Wright

Lip Man 1
03-31-2003, 06:37 PM
From the "official" White Sox site:

"Andrews, the noted orthopedist who has performed numerous Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgeries, confirmed the opinion of five other doctors in diagnosing Wright’s soreness and inflammation as a strained ligament. A new MRI was deemed not needed by Andrews.

“His ligament is in tact, and he should be okay with that now after seeing all the best guys,” said White Sox head trainer Herm Schneider of the plan for Wright. “So, now we go ahead and rebuild him, and get him ready to pitch.

"I’m not sure where he’s going to pitch . I just get them ready, and the rest is up to (White Sox general manager) Kenny (Williams) and the baseball people.”

Wright’s problem apparently began during an early Spring Training appearance against Arizona, when he let it go a little too much for his first start. He missed more than two weeks, before returning to the mound in a minor league game for 30 pitches.

That outing was followed by two scoreless innings, which also covered 30 pitches, against Colorado one week ago in Arizona. But, the soreness that followed was a bit unsettling for Wright, who had never experienced arm problems previously.

“It wasn’t that he was in pain, but it was more soreness than he usually experiences after pitching,” Schneider said. “It’s something Danny will have to work through.

“Right now, we are going to give Danny a lot of rest . When we feel like he’s ready, we will let him pitch.”

Can you say "see you in June Danny boy! (if then)"

Lip

PaleHoseGeorge
03-31-2003, 06:45 PM
This is very good news.

Quick! Let's trade 'em to Milwaukee!!!

:dumbash
"I've learned a bit about commercial law since '01. For example, 'caveat emptor' means buyer beware!"

:tool
"He's a quick study, ain't he Sox Fans?"

:KW
"He's ready to sell used cars, ain't he Trader Bud?"

:tool
"I taught 'em everything I know."

Paulwny
03-31-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Wright’s problem apparently began during an early Spring Training appearance against Arizona, when he let it go a little too much for his first start. He missed more than two weeks, before returning to the mound in a minor league game for 30 pitches.
Lip

Same problem Andy Pettite had last season, throwing too hard too early in st.

Hangar18
03-31-2003, 07:03 PM
From the "official" White Sox site:

"Andrews, the noted orthopedist who has performed numerous Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgeries, confirmed the opinion of five other doctors in diagnosing Wright’s soreness and inflammation as a strained ligament. A new MRI was deemed not needed by Andrews.

“His ligament is in tact, and he should be okay with that now after seeing all the best guys,” said White Sox head trainer Herm Schneider of the plan for Wright. “So, now we go ahead and rebuild him, and get him ready to pitch.

"I’m not sure where he’s going to pitch . I just get them ready, and the rest is up to (White Sox general manager) Kenny (Williams) and the baseball people.”

“Right now, we are going to give Danny a lot of rest . When we feel like he’s ready, we will let him pitch.”

Can you say "see you in June Danny boy! (if then)"

Lip

This is good news....I think we treat him very gently late may/june.

dougs78
03-31-2003, 09:31 PM
This is very good news. Lets hope he is able to take his time getting ready and creates a controversy when he gets back becuase Stewart and Loaiza are pitching so well!

Lip Man 1
03-31-2003, 09:50 PM
I'm confused....how is losing one of our top four starters for an indefinite amount of time "good news?"

Especially when his replacement is another "can't miss kid" with ZERO major league experience.

Lip

voodoochile
03-31-2003, 10:04 PM
I'm confused....how is losing one of our top four starters for an indefinite amount of time "good news?"

Especially when his replacement is another "can't miss kid" with ZERO major league experience.

Lip

It's good news because it is indeed mostly in Danny's head and no surgery is needed. All they need to do is convince the kid to pitch and things will be good. He isn't gone for the entire season and now he can indeed concentrate on getting in shape and not worrying about his arm.

southpaw40
04-01-2003, 09:15 AM

Lip

The Chicago media is reporting that he should be ready for a late April return.

dougs78
04-01-2003, 10:01 AM

Lip

Because we will be getting a 14 game winner infused into our rotation later this month. You should be excited, you are advocating the addition of such pitchers nearly everyday on this board.

maurice
04-01-2003, 11:38 AM
:wright
"The rumors of my demise have been greatly exagerated."

kermittheefrog
04-01-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by maurice
:wright
"The rumors of my demise have been greatly exagerated."

LOL :smile:

Randar68
04-01-2003, 02:12 PM

Lip

*****! Since when is a kid with a mid-3's ERA in AA and a soft-tossing guy who has never dominated at any level a "Can't miss kid"

You're so repetitive and predictable, sometimes it amazes me...

:chickenlittle

kermittheefrog
04-01-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
*****! Since when is a kid with a mid-3's ERA in AA and a soft-tossing guy who has never dominated at any level a "Can't miss kid"

You're so repetitive and predictable, sometimes it amazes me...

:chickenlittle

His comments are a little less grating if you don't make the assumption he has a good deal of baseball knowledge.

ShoelessFred
04-01-2003, 09:17 PM
well it's a good thing because he won't be out for 2 years!

Hangar18
04-02-2003, 07:55 AM
stop bickering