PDA

View Full Version : FAST start a nessecity?

TheBigHurt
03-31-2003, 04:55 PM
THIS really was a upsetting lost as i was hoping for us to get off to a fast start. ... BUT we should remember this is just the 1st game....I was just curious if with are very very very easy schedule (with not playing a real team till april 25) is a fast start a nessecity to have a succesful season (as in win the div.)

GASHWOUND
03-31-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
THIS really was a upsetting lost as i was hoping for us to get off to a fast start. ... BUT we should remember this is just the 1st game....I was just curious if with are very very very easy schedule (with not playing a real team till april 25) is a fast start a nessecity to have a succesful season (as in win the div.)

The object is to try and win every series..winning this one would have made it easier..now we just have to win the last 2 to take 2/3

dllrbll7
03-31-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
The object is to try and win every series..winning this one would have made it easier..now we just have to win the last 2 to take 2/3

Taking 2/3 is winning the series. You may have meant sweeping but i am happy with 2/3.

TheBigHurt
03-31-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
Taking 2/3 is winning the series. You may have meant sweeping but i am happy with 2/3.

WITH the royals we hoped to take more theh 2/3....but hey we still have 2 games to win

Procol Harum
03-31-2003, 05:08 PM
Yeah, like Gashwound says, if we win 2 of 3 then no sweat. It's always nice to win the opener, but....

Hey, remember a fast start is no guarantee. As I seem to recall last year a certain South Side ballclub started out 15-7 before going completely down the dumper for the next two months and effectively destroying their season.