PDA

View Full Version : Look Ma, no Runs!

capn12
03-31-2003, 05:45 PM
Well, yes, its early, theres 161 left to play, and we lost the 1st 2 in 2000, but jeez-oh-pete.....3 hits off friggin Elvis Hernandez??? A wasted start by Buehrle, someone call Minute Maid park and see if Konerko and Ordonez have left the airport yet.

I dont mind my boys losing, but come on....3 hits off KC?? And lets not even start with Manuel...letting Alomar hit.

jeremyb1
03-31-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by capn12
Well, yes, its early, theres 161 left to play, and we lost the 1st 2 in 2000, but jeez-oh-pete.....3 hits off friggin Elvis Hernandez??? A wasted start by Buehrle, someone call Minute Maid park and see if Konerko and Ordonez have left the airport yet.

I dont mind my boys losing, but come on....3 hits off KC?? And lets not even start with Manuel...letting Alomar hit.

i don't understand why you'd use your best pitcher hitter when you're down two runs in the 8th inning and there's already one out. what's daubach going to due that's going to allow us to score two runs in that inning or the three it eventually would've required for us to win the game? at that point in time we were only down two and had the heart of our order up in the 9th to face an unproven closer. what if we'd tied the game at that point? daubach would've been very valuable. what if we needed to pinch run for frank or paully in the 9th? we would've wanted daubach to play first from the 9th on. what if we went into extra innings? you're probably going to want your best left handed pinch hitter.

capn12
03-31-2003, 07:14 PM
you have to pinch hit when the situation arrives, or else there is no extra innings....cant depend on something happening with your 3-4-5 hitters in the 9th if you have the chance in the innings beforehand. alomar can do you no good in that situation