PDA

View Full Version : Mlb Tv

A.T. Money
03-31-2003, 02:06 PM
I signed up for this right. Was watching the Twins for an hour, I put on the Sox, and there is a DirecTV error extension 721 on the screen. PERFECT!

The only game I wanna watch, and it's not working.

Jjav829
03-31-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by SoxDemon
I signed up for this right. Was watching the Twins for an hour, I put on the Sox, and there is a DirecTV error extension 721 on the screen. PERFECT!

The only game I wanna watch, and it's not working.

Well, hate to tell you this but I don't think you are going to get any Sox games. If I am not mistaken you can't get local games. Since you live in Chicago, they black the game out. I might be wrong but I am pretty sure that is how it works.

A.T. Money
03-31-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Well, hate to tell you this but I don't think you are going to get any Sox games. If I am not mistaken you can't get local games. Since you live in Chicago, they black the game out. I might be wrong but I am pretty sure that is how it works.

The Cubs game works.

TheBigHurt
03-31-2003, 02:12 PM

WELL that sucks to say the least

Jjav829
03-31-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by SoxDemon
The Cubs game works.

Well if you go to the MLB TV page (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/video/mlb_tv.jsp) it gives you a pull down menu at the bottom that shows the ZIP codes where the local games are blacked out.

I don't really know but based on what I read, if you live in Chicago you can't watch the live broadcasts of Chicago teams.

NewyorkSoxFan
03-31-2003, 02:24 PM
Well I live in NY and its still not working. I just signed up today and I should have known.

NYSF

A.T. Money
03-31-2003, 02:24 PM
Well then maybe it's just WGN, because I can watch the Cubs game, and it's on FSN Chicago. I have Chip and Stone announcing.

Unregistered
03-31-2003, 02:25 PM
I live in NY, and i was unable to see the Cubs/Mets game due to the blackouts, and when it happens, you get a pop-up window that says something to the effect of ''we're sorry, due to your location, this game is not being offered...'' etc., but with the sox game, i'm loading it and at first it had that directv error thing, and now it wont even load. MLB, I want my money back.

Meanwhile, I can watch the stupid Indians/Orioles game to my heart's content. :angry:

LuvSox
03-31-2003, 02:31 PM
I don't believe WGN participates in those broadcasts. It's mostly Fox games.

Unregistered
03-31-2003, 02:35 PM
and now the link officially doesn't exist. Way to problem solve, MLB.

We're breaking up.

This just isn't working.

It's not me, it's you.

:angry:

A.T. Money
03-31-2003, 02:37 PM
At least give us the Royals feed!!!!!

Damn.

NewyorkSoxFan
03-31-2003, 02:53 PM
Trying to get through to them but the line is just constantly busy. I really have a problem with this.

NYSF

NewyorkSoxFan
03-31-2003, 02:57 PM
Now I can't even get in the chat room to get that play by play. What a day!!

A.T. Money
03-31-2003, 03:07 PM
I guess we're not missing anything anyway. The Sox are sucking.

steff
03-31-2003, 03:07 PM

It's working for someone who has Direct TV in Lockport.

WhiteSoxWinner
03-31-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by NewyorkSoxFan
Now I can't even get in the chat room to get that play by play. What a day!!

You could always try ESPN Gamecast at ESPN.com

Lip Man 1
03-31-2003, 06:22 PM
It IS amazing that anything regarding the Sox somehow finds a way to screw up if not off the field then certainly on it.

Damned if I know why but it might help for the owner to depeart.

Lip

A.T. Money
04-02-2003, 12:54 PM
This seriously pissing me off. I was thinking it had something to do with WGN, but it doesn't. Of course now this game isn't working either (Apr 2).

WHY WAS I ABLE TO WATCH THE CUBS ON MONDAY?!?!?!?!?!!??