PDA

View Full Version : Predict The Number Of Strikeouts Before Sammy's 500th


34 Inch Stick
03-31-2003, 09:59 AM
I told myself this year I was going to let it go. Forget Sosa and his bs and concentrate solely on the Sox. His Sun Times story yesterday pissed me off so much that my baseball promise will go in the same direction as my New Year's resolution and Lenten promise.

Yesterday in the Sun Times he stated that he wanted to go out get his 500th and THEN help the team to have a winning season. Typical, but it shows you where his mind will be until the 500th. I am going to enjoy watching him struggle while swinging from his heels every at bat.

My prediction 10 K's before 500 and it will take a week of close losses that put the cubs into another losing spiral.

Have fun "history maker".

cheeses_h_rice
03-31-2003, 10:11 AM
He's going to swing for the fences every single at-bat until he gets #500, so I'll go with 8 K's. This should be fun.

We should also lay odds on Sham-ME taking a curtain call after #500, too. I'll say 1:933834957811 on this happening.

Procol Harum
03-31-2003, 10:15 AM
Hmmmm--I'll go for 7...

Brian26
03-31-2003, 10:18 AM
18.

Bet the kids' lunch money.

voodoochile
03-31-2003, 10:21 AM
I think he'll get it early. First or second day. 4 K's should do it...

CLR01
03-31-2003, 10:22 AM
Give me 2

Chisox353014
03-31-2003, 10:23 AM
I'll go with 17. #500 will come in the 8th inning of a 14-2 Flubs loss. Sammy will take a curtain call and run around the bases with a miniature American flag. Chimp will have an orgasm. Moronotti will write a column about it. Ron Santo will lobby the HOF voters for 2004. It will suck to be in Chicago for at least 3 days afterwards.

gosox41
03-31-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I told myself this year I was going to let it go. Forget Sosa and his bs and concentrate solely on the Sox. His Sun Times story yesterday pissed me off so much that my baseball promise will go in the same direction as my New Year's resolution and Lenten promise.

Yesterday in the Sun Times he stated that he wanted to go out get his 500th and THEN help the team to have a winning season. Typical, but it shows you where his mind will be until the 500th. I am going to enjoy watching him struggle while swinging from his heels every at bat.

My prediction 10 K's before 500 and it will take a week of close losses that put the cubs into another losing spiral.

Have fun "history maker".

I'll say 3, but only after a dozen shots of steroids.

Bob

Nixey 02
03-31-2003, 11:05 AM
I'll go with 4K's. One for each day of misery to be endured [/COLOR=teal]as a NATION celebrates this joyous event.[/COLOR]

Blueprint1
03-31-2003, 11:10 AM
I am going to go with 0 K's he will hit it at his first AB and we will have to hear about this "milestone" all day long. I wish he had just hit his 500th last season.

jortafan
03-31-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Blueprint1
I am going to go with 0 K's he will hit it at his first AB and we will have to hear about this "milestone" all day long. I wish he had just hit his 500th last season.

I also desperately want him to hit the stinkin' homer in his first at-bat. I want it over and done with. You talk about hearing about the "milestone" all day long? That's better than having to put up with a "Sammy Watch" day after day after day after day until he finally manages to hit a wind-blown shot into the basket at Wrigley.

I must admit I'd almost like to be in the bleachers to catch the ball. It would be the one time I'd enjoy the silly little tradition of flipping a ball back onto the field. Then again, I'd have to be surrounded by morons, so I guess I'll just focus on real baseball, and enjoy Friday's game against Detroit (I managed to get a lower deck seat near third base).

ewokpelts
03-31-2003, 11:45 AM
I predict 500 whiffs before hr 500.
Gene

Fridaythe13thJason
03-31-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Yesterday in the Sun Times he stated that he wanted to go out get his 500th and THEN help the team to have a winning season.

I don't understand for the life of me how he gets away with saying these kinds of things. In the past, some of his comments have been cryptic, admittedly, and could've been construed innocently or selfishly depending on how hard you analyze.

This comment is ridiculous, and the media should be all over this with giant headlines, ripping apart their team chemistry and Sammy's devotion to the team.

If not local media who loves to suck on some Sammy, then how about the national media...PTI and Around the Horn tear into everyone.

I feel like Sammy has naked pictures of EVERYONE'S wife in the biz.

Magglio_4_Bagger
03-31-2003, 12:43 PM
I am going to go with 7 K's before Sham-Me hits #500 (which by the way will be in a Flubs lose.....as usuall).......does Sham-Me ever hit a HR that makes a diffrence in the game????.
Once he finally does hit it......the Sun Times will make it out to be the single greatest accomplishment in the history of baseball....that is if Jay MORONotti can take his mouth off of Sham-Me's c**k long enough to write the column.

TheBigHurt
03-31-2003, 12:49 PM
ILL say 9 :) :gulp:

PaleHoseGeorge
03-31-2003, 12:54 PM
I have two answers.

Shammy WITH Flintstone vitamins: 5 strikeouts.

Shammy au naturelle: 25 strikeouts.

DrCrawdad
03-31-2003, 12:55 PM
Since SamME missed a HR in his first AB, I wouldn't be surprised if he tanks it, as far as HR's, so that he can get the 500th at Wrigley.

This view isn't without precedent either. At the moment I can't remember all the details but I remember hearing a local sportswriter on WSCR. The writer said that SamME's teammates were pissed at SamME when they heard him say that he was holding back on reaching a Stolen Base milestone until the Cubs returned to Wrigley.

alohafri
04-01-2003, 01:03 PM
Crawdad (love the gif BTW), I think you may be on to something...I believe ShamME walked a few times yesterday, probably to try and avoid accidently hitting a HR. After reading your post, I also think he will wait until he is back at wrUGLY field before trying to hit his 500th hr. so his adoring fans can give him the accolades his ego so desperately needs.



---Mrs. Aloha

MRKARNO
04-01-2003, 06:36 PM
I'll take 5Ks

whitesoxwilkes
04-01-2003, 07:07 PM
I'll go with 6.

DrCrawdad
04-01-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
I predict 500 whiffs before hr 500.
Gene

Sammy is already at 1834 career Ks and #7 on the all-time career K list.

DrCrawdad
04-01-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by alohafri
Crawdad (love the gif BTW), I think you may be on to something...I believe ShamME walked a few times yesterday, probably to try and avoid accidently hitting a HR. After reading your post, I also think he will wait until he is back at wrUGLY field before trying to hit his 500th hr. so his adoring fans can give him the accolades his ego so desperately needs.

---Mrs. Aloha

The Cubs don't return to Wrigley until Monday. Let's see what happens.

34 Inch Stick
04-02-2003, 08:39 AM
You are becoming a media darling Crawdad. I heard you on the SCORE yesterday.

DrCrawdad
04-02-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
You are becoming a media darling Crawdad. I heard you on the SCORE yesterday.

I emailed the SCORE about a couple things yesterday. One point I raised was the Sox being sleepy on account of the barnstorming in the days before opening day. A second point was about Sammy holding back on the homers until the Wrigley opener.

What SCORE hosts read my email and which point did they read? What did the host say in response?

I have the SCORE on in my office. But since Iím on the phone and out of the office often I miss a lot of the shows.

Thanks for letting me know.

34 Inch Stick
04-02-2003, 09:34 AM
Miss a little, miss a lot, eh Crawdad.

It was in the morning on my way to work (approximately 6:45). Murph and Fred show. Murph read the e-mail about the barnstorming making them tired. He agreed.

It was a good point.

bc2k
04-02-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Since SamME missed a HR in his first AB, I wouldn't be surprised if he tanks it, as far as HR's, so that he can get the 500th at Wrigley.

I share the same feeling. I predicted Sammy would hold back last year to receive the offseason hype, but I didn't predict him to stop at an obvious 499. Putz

I was looking at the Cubs schedule yesterday and saw that after the Cubs play the Mets, they go away to Cincinnati for three. I'd bet that Sammy isn't going to hit #500 in Cincy.

I heard a reporter ask Sammy if it would be special to hit #500 in NY in front of a large Dominican crowd. So if he doesn't get it in NY, I'm sure he will hold back until Wrigley.

Oh, and you know Chimp has the call all worked out. He thought about it all offseason.

DrCrawdad
04-02-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Miss a little, miss a lot, eh Crawdad.

It was in the morning on my way to work (approximately 6:45). Murph and Fred show. Murph read the e-mail about the barnstorming making them tired. He agreed.

It was a good point.

Just blame Birmingham for Sox' loss (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-doug022.html)

Seems that the Sun-Times has picked up the Sox Slumber as a result of the barnstorming.

CLR01
04-05-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by CLR01
Give me 2


What do I win?

Vsahajpal
04-05-2003, 02:25 AM
LMAO at all the conspiracy theorists.

DrCrawdad
04-05-2003, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
LMAO at all the conspiracy theorists.

Conspiracy? A conspiracy of one?

Conspiracy: A plan or agreement between two or more people to commit an illegal or subversive act.

LMAO because it's just completely ridiculous to think that SaMe would do something out of selfish ambition.

LMAO That SamMe's 500th HR was in a Cubbie loss. Perfect!

Vsahajpal
04-05-2003, 12:23 PM
lol!