PDA

View Full Version : Going To Bat For Buck Weaver

Wsoxmike59
03-30-2003, 08:12 AM
There was an article in today's (3/30) Chicago Tribune by columnist William Hageman about Legendary Sox 3B'man Buck Weaver and his neice's efforts to clear his name some 8 decades later. If you have the print edition of today's paper there are a couple of nice photos of Buck. One is from the 1919 World Series that I have never seen before, of a play at the plate where Weaver is tagged out at home trying to score.

Here is a link to the article but I'm not sure if it will work for everyone. You have to be a registered member to read articles off the Tribune's website. (it's free to register there, and their sports section ChicagoSports.com is an excellent website worth keeping in your favorites.)

Going To Bat For Buck Weaver (http://www.chicagotribune.com/templates/misc/printstory.jsp?slug=chi%2D0303300295mar30&section=/printstory)

TornLabrum
03-30-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Wsoxmike59
There was an article in today's (3/30) Chicago Tribune by columnist William Hageman about Legendary Sox 3B'man Buck Weaver and his neice's efforts to clear his name some 8 decades later. If you have the print edition of today's paper there are a couple of nice photos of Buck. One is from the 1919 World Series that I have never seen before, of a play at the plate where Weaver is tagged out at home trying to score.

Here is a link to the article but I'm not sure if it will work for everyone. You have to be a registered member to read articles off the Tribune's website. (it's free to register there, and their sports section ChicagoSports.com is an excellent website worth keeping in your favorites.)

Going To Bat For Buck Weaver (http://www.chicagotribune.com/templates/misc/printstory.jsp?slug=chi%2D0303300295mar30&section=/printstory)

Nice article until the end. Mrs. O'Leary's cow? That trivializes everything that came before it.

duke of dorwood
03-30-2003, 07:50 PM
If Ray Lewis can play football, why cant these guys get reinstated?