PDA

View Full Version : Zero Sox games on TV, plenty of Cubs though!

Foulke You
03-28-2003, 03:53 PM
Anyone else notice how there was a Cubs game on TV yesterday, one on TV today on WCIU from Arizona's Bank One Ballpark and of course, we have tomorrow's Cubs game from Bank One as well for your viewing pleasure on Fox Sports Net. ALL CUBBIES ALL THE TIME JUST LIKE ALL OF CHICAGO WANTS IT. :angry:

Meanwhile, the Sox play two games against Houston at Minute Maid Park this weekend and don't have any televised. In fact, two of the measly 3 ST games shown this year were against the Cubs and one was a friggin' Cubs broadcast. The Cubs have had what seems like 12 pre season games on TV to the Sox 3 which is pathetic considering the excitement surrounding the team this year. I've barely had a look at the '03 Sox thanks to the Cubs. Yet another reason to despise the North Siders.

Hangar18
03-28-2003, 04:23 PM
I have noticed that. Im Super Pissed about that too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. the cubs played the dbacks how many times in ST, only now to play them again?????? and again on TV???? They could have Easily showed the Sox vs the Astros whom they havnt played this year in ST. Ridiculous. Another reason to hate the Chicago/National Media

Scotty347
03-28-2003, 08:03 PM
Who cares? All the regular season games are on TV. Is anyone going to complain that on opening day (march 31) the Sox are on WGN and the Cubs are stuck on Fox Sports Network. Wouldn't you think the Cubs would get the superstation treatment for that one?

Rocklive99
03-28-2003, 08:29 PM
I've noticed it too, and I care. I want to get a look at the young players, and how the regulars are playing a couple of days before opening day.

TheBigHurt
03-28-2003, 08:31 PM
The biggest thing that kills me about North Siders is their fashion Just thinking about it scares me to ______. :)

Lip Man 1
03-28-2003, 09:42 PM
It's good to post your thoughts on this matter on the boards here at WSI but you may want to consider going to the sources WGN and Fox Sports Chicago to let them know how you feel.

Those companies can change the situation, unfortunately WSI can't.

Lip

RedPinStripes
03-28-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
It's good to post your thoughts on this matter on the boards here at WSI but you may want to consider going to the sources WGN and Fox Sports Chicago to let them know how you feel.

Those companies can change the situation, unfortunately WSI can't.

Lip

**** the cubs anyway.

WinningUgly!
03-28-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
**** the cubs anyway.

I see you're in mid-season form already. http://www.themorlocks.com/talk/images/smiles/gene.gif

VeeckAsInWreck
03-28-2003, 11:23 PM
Here's my theory as to why the Cubs have more ST games on TV than our Sox:

The local media have to prepare Cub fans for meaningless games!

For them, it is all downhill after opening day, unless you ask ESPN.

WinningUgly!
03-28-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
Here's my theory as to why the Cubs have more ST games on TV than our Sox:

The local media have to prepare Cub fans for meaningless games!

For them, it is all downhill after opening day, unless you ask ESPN.

LOL! Makes sense to me.