PDA

View Full Version : ESPN 1000 Radio not currently avaliable on the Interent

TheBigHurt
03-28-2003, 02:53 PM
Every time i open up the SOX listen live this comes up:
ESPN Radio 1000 has temporarily suspended its live Internet broadcast while the streaming infrastructure is being retooled. We apologize for any inconvenience.

does anyone know when the live espn 1000 telecasts on the Internet will continue???? and why is it unavaible THANKS

Heres the full link: A present from me to you:http://www.espnradio1000.com/listenlive.asp

czalgosz
03-28-2003, 02:56 PM
It's been like that for over 2 years now; don't expect it to change. Diamond Broadcasting has a policy to not do web broadcasts - apparently they feel that somehow it loses them money. Not sure how.

TheBigHurt
03-28-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
It's been like that for over 2 years now; don't expect it to change. Diamond Broadcasting has a policy to not do web broadcasts - apparently they feel that somehow it loses them money. Not sure how.

OHH ok.....by now i would figure they would take that "this temporally suspended"

I would actually think ESPN 1000 is losing money because for ex:for Mon kc-SOX a fan could just go to listen to a game at the kc radio station

TheBigHurt
03-28-2003, 03:03 PM
hmmmmm...I wonder if all ESPN Radio sites dont allow internet listening????

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-28-2003, 03:13 PM
it's prob. because mlb charges people for audio broadcasts on mlb.com

T Dog
03-28-2003, 07:29 PM
If memory serves, the "temporary suspension" coincided with MLB charging for games via the Internet. While looking for available Internet radio stations last summer, I did find one in Toronto that carries Blue Jays games for free. Otherwise MLB seemed to have the monopoly last season.

I recently had someone try to talk me into subscribing to a satellite radio service. I said I would consider it if I could get all the White Sox games. Apparently, Sirius carries Sunday night baseball and ESPN radio news. I was told I should be happy with that.