PDA

View Full Version : On Friday, April 25th 2003

SoxxoS
03-28-2003, 01:15 PM
The Sox better be at least 3 games up on the Twins. The Twins start a 3 game set at Comiskey on the 25th. Looking at the schedules-

Twins schedule-
Detroit 3
Toronto 3
Yanks 3
Toronto 3
Detroit 3
Yanks 4
K.C. 3.

They should get Halladay/Lidle 3 times in the six games against Toronto. They should get 7 all-stars when they play the Yanks. :cool:

Us-
K.C.-3
Detroit-3
Cleveland-3
Detroit-3
K.C.-3
Cleveland-4
Baltimore-3

This is VERY similar to the weak, weak schedule that the Twins played last year when they got out to that lead-

K.C.-2
Toronto-4
Cleveland-4
Detroit-3
K.C.-3
Cleveland-3
Tampa-3
Detroit-3
Tampa-4

18-11 in that span.
That is one of the best schedules to start the season I have ever seen to start the season. No joke.

We need to have a similar start to this season. If we can open up 15-7 against our schedule, we should be in good shape. If not, we are in trouble.

thecell
03-28-2003, 02:12 PM
On Friday, April 25th 2003 the better be at least 3 games up AND get into a brawl with the Twinkies...set the mood for the rest of the year that we're gonna kick their asses in all aspects of the game. Go Sox!

TheBigHurt
03-28-2003, 02:57 PM
LOL my Yankmee friends were complaing that we dont have a to play a "real team" to April 25th

MRKARNO
03-28-2003, 03:52 PM
I'm glad that the season starts with this schedule, not only because we should go .667 over that span, but also because it makes the picture of the division much clearer, much earlier. Kansas City, Detroit or Cleveland will not be leading the division this way (unless one of them decides to come from nowhere and have a season that would inspire Hollywood to make a movie after them). The division race starts early this way, so the race starts on day one, not on day 81.

pudge
03-28-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
I'm glad that the season starts with this schedule, not only because we should go .667 over that span, but also because it makes the picture of the division much clearer, much earlier. Kansas City, Detroit or Cleveland will not be leading the division this way (unless one of them decides to come from nowhere and have a season that would inspire Hollywood to make a movie after them). The division race starts early this way, so the race starts on day one, not on day 81.

Just remember, we've started with this type of schedule before, and we haven't always played well out of the gate... (I shudder at the memory of the Tigers' sweep in Comiskey, April 2001).