PDA

View Full Version : Wright

Stoky44
03-27-2003, 10:27 PM
Yes I do believe Steward had a great spring and I am excited about seeing him pitch BUT... Wright was looking pretty good at times last year. Danny has a bit of experience and I don't like to get all worked up over a guy based on spring numbers. To be honest I hope Wright gets back in the rotation soon, BUT HEALTHY. Let's not forget Danny gave us 14 nice wins last year.

Daver
03-27-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Stoky44
Yes I do believe Steward had a great spring and I am excited about seeing him pitch BUT... Wright was looking pretty good at times last year. Danny has a bit of experience and I don't like to get all worked up over a guy based on spring numbers. To be honest I hope Wright gets back in the rotation soon, BUT HEALTHY. Let's not forget Danny gave us 14 nice wins last year.

Two things,Danny Wright will be back in the rotation as soon as he is healthy,and go to the test board and look at the thread there about installing an image as your sig.

guillen4life13
03-27-2003, 10:42 PM
IMO, Wright needs some time in AAA. He's really too streaky, and while he may have won 14 games, he lost 11, and had an above 5 ERA. He might have great stuff and all, but he needs to learn to harness his pitching. AAA is where he can do that. He can just go pitch without feeling any pressure, and he can just get his mechanics down, and perfect whatever may need some work. Before you know it, he'll be back up here a much better pitcher. Look at what happened to Gary Glover two years ago. He sucked right in the beginning, then he was optioned to AAA. Once he came back up, he was dynamite. I think the same could happen to Wright. But in AAA, he needs to take his time, and iron out all of the wrinkles in his pitching.