PDA

View Full Version : Average Ticket Price

LuvSox
03-27-2003, 09:30 PM
Does anyone know the avg. ticket price at the Cell? Will somebody with basic math skills figure it out, I'm stoopid. I read an article saying the BoSox avg. $42.34 a ticket. WOW.

koch44
03-27-2003, 09:43 PM
If you want to buy lower deck seats for Fenway, then you're going to have to fork over 70 dollars for each ticket! :o: :o:

HawkDJ
03-27-2003, 09:51 PM
I got an average of $24.83 but take out the $40 :o: price for Club Level and you get an average of $21.80

TheBigHurt
03-27-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Does anyone know the avg. ticket price at the Cell? Will somebody with basic math skills figure it out, I'm stoopid. I read an article saying the BoSox avg. $42.34 a ticket. WOW.

WELL,thw Bosox can do that becuase there stadium holds like what 35 tho????

siugrad25
03-28-2003, 01:52 AM
to watch average baseball.

This is my first season away from Chi-town and I just bought some Marlins tickets (opening day, etc.), but some of their tickets are dirt cheap. They have tickets that are in right-center field for $4. On the other hand, to get near the front row will run you $55. This season, they're offering 2-for-1 seats for season-ticket packages.... It's so weird.

jortafan
03-28-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
WELL,thw Bosox can do that becuase there stadium holds like what 35 tho????

The Red Sox can do that because their fans are stupid enough to pay that much. JR would charge that much if he thought he could get away with it.

LuvSox
03-28-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
WELL,thw Bosox can do that becuase there stadium holds like what 35 tho???? I thought it was 32k. They're charging something like $50 for the new seats on the Green Monster.

gosox41
03-28-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
I got an average of $24.83 but take out the $40 :o: price for Club Level and you get an average of $21.80

Does this average take into account 1/2 price ngihts. I think the Sox are having about 20 1/2 price nights this season which is about 25% of their home games.

People love to debate ticket prices, but it's simply based on supply/demand. The Red Sox have a smaller supply of seats and a ton of loyal fans so they can get away with charging that much.

The Sox (playing in the 2nd largest market) have more seats to offer and a ton less demand which is why they need to have all these half price nights. The Cubs can get away with no 1/2 price nights but also have a smaller stadium then the Sox, though that certainly isn't the reason the Cubs have no 1/2 price nights.

Bob

steff
03-28-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
Does this average take into account 1/2 price ngihts. I think the Sox are having about 20 1/2 price nights this season which is about 25% of their home games.

People love to debate ticket prices, but it's simply based on supply/demand. The Red Sox have a smaller supply of seats and a ton of loyal fans so they can get away with charging that much.

The Sox (playing in the 2nd largest market) have more seats to offer and a ton less demand which is why they need to have all these half price nights. The Cubs can get away with no 1/2 price nights but also have a smaller stadium then the Sox, though that certainly isn't the reason the Cubs have no 1/2 price nights.

Bob

The average across the board does not take into account 1/2 price nights. Figure worst case scenero that there are no 1/2 price nights and $25 is not at all a bad price to see a game. Further that with the fact that you can get seats less than $25 (70% of the stadium) and be way under the average for the season. We are in the top 10 (I think please don't quote me) for the most affordable parks to see a game. Even with season packages. The Sox give a good break on seats and parking. And I know this likely doesn't apply to any (or many) here but people who have had season tickets from Old Comiskey get an AWESOME deal. My grama's tickets (144 row 2 which are $29 this year) are still being sold to her for much less than that and parking is also a few bucks less than the $13 season ticket holders currently get. She's been a season ticket holder for 34 years.

voodoochile
03-28-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by steff3603
The average across the board does not take into account 1/2 price nights. Figure worst case scenero that there are no 1/2 price nights and $25 is not at all a bad price to see a game. Further that with the fact that you can get seats less than $25 (70% of the stadium) and be way under the average for the season. We are in the top 10 (I think please don't quote me) for the most affordable parks to see a game. Even with season packages. The Sox give a good break on seats and parking. And I know this likely doesn't apply to any (or many) here but people who have had season tickets from Old Comiskey get an AWESOME deal. My grama's tickets (144 row 2 which are $29 this year) are still being sold to her for much less than that and parking is also a few bucks less than the $13 season ticket holders currently get. She's been a season ticket holder for 34 years.

Half price nights you can still get into the park for $6...

LuvSox
03-28-2003, 01:47 PM
She's been a season ticket holder for 34 years.
Your Grandmother has been a seson ticket holder slightly longer than I've been on this earth. That's pretty cool. God bless her.

steff
03-28-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Yeah, so. What's yer point :D: :D:

Foulke You
03-28-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by koch44
If you want to buy lower deck seats for Fenway, then you're going to have to fork over 70 dollars for each ticket! :o: :o:

This isn't entirely true. I went to Fenway last year for the whole ChiSox/BoSox series and I didn't spend that much. Boston does have select discount price nights or as they call them "family bargain nights". It just so happened that 2 of the games vs the White Sox in 2002 were on these nights so I paid $18 a ticket for outfield grandstand on the half price and the full price game set me back $44 a ticket which was "infield grandstand". All of these seats were lower deck since Fenway doesn't have much of an upper deck. This year, I got similar tickets for the September Fenway ChiSox series and outfield grandstand set me back $27 per ticket (no discount price night this year :(: ) and infield grandstand was still $44 all on the lower deck. It is true that Box seat tickets in the lower deck between 1st and 3rd will indeed set you back $70 but this is only for the first 15 rows if I remember correctly. Overall they are more expensive than the White Sox especially the seats near the infiled. But you can still get a decent outfield grandstand seat along the lines for $27 (the ChiSox charge $24 for similar seats) and bleacher tickets are $20 and $10 respectively depending on what row you are in.

dllrbll7
03-28-2003, 02:05 PM

they raised the upper deck to $14 so it would be $7 now for half price nights but its close enough. Are they havning problems selling the club level tickets because they are now available for individual games and i got a letter yesterday offering me plane tickets if i bought season tickets in the club level. I cant believe they are trying to get $40 per ticket there.

voodoochile
03-28-2003, 02:14 PM
Yeah, so. What's yer point :D: :D:

Only the one on top of my head... :)

I just get tired of people whining about how expensive it is to go to games. It doesn't HAVE to be. Heck most high schoolers can easily afford that price during the summer - cheaper than the movies, right? A lot of working people can jump on the train after work and do the whole night for less than $20 if they don't get ripped and be home by midnight. Decent seats, too - between the batters circles. Half the way up the UD...

voodoochile
03-28-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
they raised the upper deck to $14 so it would be $7 now for half price nights but its close enough. Are they havning problems selling the club level tickets because they are now available for individual games and i got a letter yesterday offering me plane tickets if i bought season tickets in the club level. I cant believe they are trying to get $40 per ticket there.

You are correct about the price change.

If reinsy can get his $40 this season and the team does well, it will look great in the nation media to have those seats sold all summer. Then next year they become a hotter item and they start to sell themselves. The Sox will get a fair share of national media attention this season when they start to win games and then host the AS game.

gosox41
03-28-2003, 02:44 PM

I think the Sox are a bargain in terms of price. Of course I still see a lot of people (some here, but a lot at other White Sox websites) that have complained about prices for the last few years.

Bob

maurice
03-28-2003, 03:12 PM
i got a letter yesterday offering me plane tickets if i bought season tickets in the club level. I cant believe they are trying to get $40 per ticket there.

The privilege of watching a bad Bulls team from the club level at the UC will run you $55 per ticket. :o:

steff
03-28-2003, 04:14 PM

I don't know if they are having trouble, but they were always avaliable for single game. It was only if you wanted season tickets and you wanted them there that you had to buy full season. My old neighbors bought 13 single games the day tickets went on sale.

steff
03-28-2003, 04:16 PM
Only the one on top of my head... :)

I just get tired of people whining about how expensive it is to go to games. It doesn't HAVE to be. Heck most high schoolers can easily afford that price during the summer - cheaper than the movies, right? A lot of working people can jump on the train after work and do the whole night for less than $20 if they don't get ripped and be home by midnight. Decent seats, too - between the batters circles. Half the way up the UD...

I agree with you 100% about the price whining. It's a completely BS reason.

Brian26
03-28-2003, 04:55 PM
I agree with you 100% about the price whining. It's a completely BS reason.

LOL.

Like stef's ever had to pay for a drink in her life!

I've seen guys falling over each other to buy for her.

hose
03-28-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox

This is the best link I've seen for breaking down prices.

www.teammarketing.com/fci.cfm

steff
03-28-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
LOL.

Ehem Brian... we were talking about whining about the ticket prices :D:

voodoochile
03-28-2003, 06:05 PM
LOL.

Smart guys - Steff's cool...

whitesoxwilkes
03-28-2003, 07:16 PM
LOL.

I still have footprints on my back from Soxfest... :)

LuvSox
03-28-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by hose
This is the best link I've seen for breaking down prices.

www.teammarketing.com/fci.cfm
That's a pretty cool site. If I've read this correctly, and I probably haven't, the Sox are below the league avg. at $17.82. It also says parking is $13. Is that for season ticket holders? I haven't seen $13 parking for a few years. How about those Boston prices? That's ridiculous.

TornLabrum
03-28-2003, 08:41 PM
LOL.

That's because guys love watching her fall all over.