PDA

View Full Version : Veteran Arms Available From The Sale Bin

34 Inch Stick
03-27-2003, 04:51 PM
There are a few veteran pitchers out there now who did not make the cut for their teams. I think it would be a good idea to sign someone to a minor league deal in case Loiza returns to previous form.

The two that I like (as much as you can like a guy from the scrap heap) are Reynolds and Castillo. Each have been good at times in their careers and would be better than the Heredia option that we were originally going to go with (before his untimely demise).

At the very least I can make the moves on Castillo's wife in the stands while he was pitching. Is that a churros in your hand or are you excited to see me?

Unregistered
03-27-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
At the very least I can make the moves on Castillo's wife in the stands while he was pitching. Is that a churros in your hand or are you excited to see me? I'd like to think that Castillo's wife wouldn't show any churros-shaped ''excitement''... if you catch my drift... :o:

hold2dibber
03-27-2003, 04:57 PM
There are a few veteran pitchers out there now who did not make the cut for their teams. I think it would be a good idea to sign someone to a minor league deal in case Loiza returns to previous form.

The two that I like (as much as you can like a guy from the scrap heap) are Reynolds and Castillo. Each have been good at times in their careers and would be better than the Heredia option that we were originally going to go with (before his untimely demise).

At the very least I can make the moves on Castillo's wife in the stands while he was pitching. Is that a churros in your hand or are you excited to see me?

Any idea how those two did in ST? I would assume not so well, otherwise they probably wouldn't have been released. (By the way, I assume the Reynolds in question is Shane Reynolds from the Astros; he would seem like a good pick-up on a minor league deal).

hold2dibber
03-27-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
I'd like to think that Castillo's wife wouldn't show any churros-shaped ''excitement''... if you catch my drift... :o:

Yeah, that wouldn't be good.

Shoeless Joe
03-27-2003, 05:02 PM
Reynolds wouldn't be that bad a pick-up but you're not getting him for free. Unless you guarantee some type of incentives, such as free polish sausages or free beer :gulp: !

Unregistered
03-27-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Any idea how those two did in ST? I would assume not so well, otherwise they probably wouldn't have been released. (By the way, I assume the Reynolds in question is Shane Reynolds from the Astros; he would seem like a good pick-up on a minor league deal). I think Reynolds was something like 0-1 with a 5.30 ERA in the Spring. According to the stories on it, he didn't think he actually had to ''audition'' for the team, he assumed he was already in the rotation. So this obviously came as a surprise to him...

Unregistered
03-27-2003, 05:13 PM
From the mlb.com story:
Reynolds, 35, played 11 seasons for the Astros but was questionable this spring after undergoing season-ending back surgery last June. He was 0-1 with a 5.87 ERA in five spring appearances.
and"I didn't really expect it to happen this way," Reynolds told local FOX affiliate KRIV-TV. "Honestly, I had no idea that I was supposed to come to Spring Training having to make the team. Therefore I took what I needed and what I thought was the best time and the best way to get myself ready for my first start during the (regular) season.

REYNOLDS RELEASED (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20030327&content_id=244419&vkey=spt2003news&fext=.jsp)

czalgosz
03-27-2003, 05:34 PM

Which Castillo? Frank? Frank Castillo is no better than Heredia.

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-27-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
Which Castillo? Frank? Frank Castillo is no better than Heredia.

i hope not carlos castillo. actually, i dont think we need any of these guys. lets not forget rauch is still in the mix, he just had a bad spring.

LuvSox
03-28-2003, 04:17 PM

What does she look like/where can we find a picture of her? I wanna see this woman who is serving up the Churros. :D: