PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Wright to Start Season on DL

Unregistered
03-27-2003, 04:08 PM
According to Rooney and Farmer, Wright will start the Season on the 15-Day Disabled List.

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-27-2003, 04:14 PM
hopefully josh stewart will step up big in his few starts.

Unregistered
03-27-2003, 04:45 PM
Do we add another player to our roster now that Wright isn't taking up a roster spot?

czalgosz
03-27-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Do we add another player to our roster now that Wright isn't taking up a roster spot?

Yes - Stewart.

Unregistered
03-27-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
Yes - Stewart. I thought Stewart was on the roster when it was still unsure if Wright was going on the D.L. or not... doesn't that open up another spot?

voodoochile
03-27-2003, 04:58 PM
I thought Stewart was on the roster when it was still unsure if Wright was going on the D.L. or not... doesn't that open up another spot?

:versatile
"ahem..."

Unregistered
03-27-2003, 05:07 PM
Maybe this is the confusion that Lip was talking about in another thread... I was under the impression that the ''final'' roster set yesterday included Wright, because even as of today a.m. they weren't sure if he was going to be put on the D.L. or not... if that WAS in fact, the case, will someone be called up?

duke of dorwood
03-27-2003, 05:33 PM
I hope Stewart is still in the rotation when we play Minnesota. They have trouble with left handers. This could be a blessing.

Juan Pizarro
03-27-2003, 05:33 PM
No, the roster wasn't final. That's why neither Stewart nor Miles was optioned, in case they had to make this move for Wright or another player should another injury happen.

Unregistered
03-27-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Juan Pizarro
No, the roster wasn't final. That's why neither Stewart nor Miles was optioned, in case they had to make this move for Wright or another player should another injury happen. OK, but now that they DID make the move and put Wright on the DL, does either Miles or Stewart go up now? This is where my confusion lies...

TheBigHurt
03-27-2003, 05:37 PM
I thought Stewart was on the roster when it was still unsure if Wright was going on the D.L. or not... doesn't that open up another spot?
:weewillie"Whoooohoooooo"

Unregistered
03-27-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
:weewillie"Whoooohoooooo" Sheesh... I hope you get a cut of the 200k he'll make if he gets the call up...

Jjav829
03-27-2003, 05:45 PM
OK, but now that they DID make the move and put Wright on the DL, does either Miles or Stewart go up now? This is where my confusion lies...

I believe the roster was cut down to 28 yesterday with Sanders, Stewart, and Miles still on. Sanders will be optioned and with the Sox carrying three catchers so will Miles. That brings it to 26. So with Wright going on the DL, Stewart goes on the 25 man roster. Hopefully that clears it up for you.

TheBigHurt
03-27-2003, 05:48 PM
Sheesh... I hope you get a cut of the 200k he'll make if he gets the call up...

I hope not...he deserves it!!!!!!! :D: :)

Unregistered
03-27-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
I believe the roster was cut down to 28 yesterday with Sanders, Stewart, and Miles still on. Sanders will be optioned and with the Sox carrying three catchers so will Miles. That brings it to 26. So with Wright going on the DL, Stewart goes on the 25 man roster. Hopefully that clears it up for you. OK, got it. I was just under the impression that Stewart makes the team REGARDLESS of Wright being put on the DL or not. I thought the only thing they weren't sure about was if Stewart would be starting on April 6th or not, not whether or not he'd actually make the team. So that being said, had Wright NOT been put on the DL, Stewart would have been sent down.

OK, I'm back... :cool:

Lip Man 1
03-27-2003, 10:11 PM
I found this comment interesting in tonight's Chicago Tribune:

"Right now, we're still kind of forming a plan for Danny," White Sox pitching coach Don Cooper said. "Right now, we've got to get him well. That's my main concern. Get him well, get him feeling good , then we'll go from there."

When you say you've got to get someone well that's means that they are sick (or in this case has arm trouble), when you say you've got to get him feeling good, that infers that the other individual IS NOT currently feeling good.

As a number of fans have speculated here at WSI there seems to be more going on here then is being told.

Just my opinion.

Lip

Lip Man 1
03-27-2003, 11:54 PM
Another interesting item in tonight's tribune story on Wright:

Sox trainer Herm Schneider said Wright would have three options after seeing Dr. James Andrews.

"He can pitch with it, rest it or operate on it," Schneider said. "[Surgery] is the furthest thing down the road, but in the big picture, that's an option."

An MRI that was performed on Wright after he first complained of elbow soreness in early March revealed no damage to the ligament, according to Schneider. (Lip's note : of course we heard that a lot didn't we in 2000 and 2001?)

"We told Danny that we don't think another MRI is that important," Schneider said. "But if Danny feels that would help him mentally, we'd be willing to do it for him."

Schneider said Wright is experiencing discomfort in two areas around his elbow."

I think if the Sox are smart they'll begin considering viable options for Wright for at least a part of this season maybe all of it if surgery's done. (and with respect to those who feel otherwise, I don't mean Rauch or Stewart. The Twins lost Milton and signed Rogers, I would hope the Sox would be able to pull off a similar move.)

Lip

TornLabrum
03-28-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Another interesting item in tonight's tribune story on Wright:

Sox trainer Herm Schneider said Wright would have three options after seeing Dr. James Andrews.

"He can pitch with it, rest it or operate on it," Schneider said. "[Surgery] is the furthest thing down the road, but in the big picture, that's an option."

An MRI that was performed on Wright after he first complained of elbow soreness in early March revealed no damage to the ligament, according to Schneider. (Lip's note : of course we heard that a lot didn't we in 2000 and 2001?)

"We told Danny that we don't think another MRI is that important," Schneider said. "But if Danny feels that would help him mentally, we'd be willing to do it for him."

Schneider said Wright is experiencing discomfort in two areas around his elbow."

I think if the Sox are smart they'll begin considering viable options for Wright for at least a part of this season maybe all of it if surgery's done. (and with respect to those who feel otherwise, I don't mean Rauch or Stewart. The Twins lost Milton and signed Rogers, I would hope the Sox would be able to pull off a similar move.)

Lip

The thing that worries me is that Herm will try to treat it with one of his phony baloney magnetic bracelets (if they work so well, shouldn't an MRI which produces a much larger magnetic field have a curative effect rather than being merely a diagnostic tool?) and end up producing significant damage due to his pitching after experiencing the placebo effect from the bracelet.

After hearing this crap, I now fear for Danny Wright's career.

Ventura23Fan
03-28-2003, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
The thing that worries me is that Herm will try to treat it with one of his phony baloney magnetic bracelets (if they work so well, shouldn't an MRI which produces a much larger magnetic field have a curative effect rather than being merely a diagnostic tool?) and end up producing significant damage due to his pitching after experiencing the placebo effect from the bracelet.

After hearing this crap, I now fear for Danny Wright's career.

I recently bought one of those phony baloney magnetic bracelets. I had a coupon for something like 50% off, so I figured I'd give it a try. I have an open mind about things like that. For instance, I remember a few years back, Hawk was talking about Harold taking shark cartilage for his knees. I still take shark cartilage every day and, whether or not it is really helping me or it is just in my head, I truly believe that it helps. Anyway, I've had this magnetic bracelet for almost a month and I don't think it is helping me one bit. I'm ready to give up on it and return it.

hold2dibber
03-28-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Lip

I don't think they need to overreact until (1) they get a better sense for the extent of Wright's injury (if any); and (2) they see how Rauch does in Charlotte. However, I agree that I would be awfully concerned if 2/3 of the Sox rotation for the whole year consisted of Loaiza and Stewart. If Wright is scrapped and Rauch doesn't progress quickly, I'd hope they would try to find another starter somehow.

Juan Pizarro
03-28-2003, 10:52 AM
How about Finley? Somebody tell him the cheeba's good in our neck of the woods. :D:

doublem23
03-28-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Ventura23Fan
I recently bought one of those phony baloney magnetic bracelets. I had a coupon for something like 50% off, so I figured I'd give it a try. I have an open mind about things like that. For instance, I remember a few years back, Hawk was talking about Harold taking shark cartilage for his knees. I still take shark cartilage every day and, whether or not it is really helping me or it is just in my head, I truly believe that it helps. Anyway, I've had this magnetic bracelet for almost a month and I don't think it is helping me one bit. I'm ready to give up on it and return it.

They work.

So does shark cartilage.

voodoochile
03-28-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
They work.

So does shark cartilage.

Was that supposed to be in teal?

Paulwny
03-28-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Was that supposed to be in teal?

http://www.walgreens.com/store/subcategory2.jhtml?CATID=100186

Randar68
03-28-2003, 02:54 PM
They work.

So does shark cartilage.

*****! Here, take this magical pill, it will cure all your ills... (Hands a blue pill full of sugar to the believing patient)

Hangar18
03-28-2003, 03:21 PM
They work.

So does shark cartilage.

you guys will never believe this, but I got a flat tire one time on the Stevenson (I-55) one time. I didnt have a spare, but a box of shark cartilage. I rubbed some on the flat and it Reinflated!