PDA

View Full Version : Just Wonderin'

HootieMcBoob
08-16-2001, 11:55 AM
Do the scrubs have a similar fan site like WSI is for the Sox? It would just be funny to hear what they have to say on THEIR message boards and see their bias...it'd be good for a laugh.
I heard it was cubsdugout.com but that's HORRIBLE - any others?

voodoochile
08-16-2001, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by HootieMcBoob
Do the scrubs have a similar fan site like WSI is for the Sox? It would just be funny to hear what they have to say on THEIR message boards and see their bias...it'd be good for a laugh.
I heard it was cubsdugout.com but that's HORRIBLE - any others?

So you're looking for a website with rational intelligent flubbie fans who actually have a clue about baseball and life outside of Wrigley?

They had one, but it closed for lack of posters...

HootieMcBoob
08-16-2001, 12:07 PM
:) LOL
You're right i'll never find one!!!
Gosh, what the hell was I thinking??

HootieMcBoob
08-16-2001, 01:16 PM
I searched for a cub fan site, found a few - they are complete sh*t compared to WSI. All of them are cheaply made and are terribly out of date - Brant Brown and Rod Beck news. It's awful. They are made by 12 year olds. There's some great quotes throughout the sites like:

"Let's face it -- Cub fans are the greatest fans of any pro organization anywhere. What other team can consistently fill a stadium without winning for as long as the Cubs have. We don't care about a World Series, we just want to get to the playoffs!"

Out of date??
Here is "Cub's News":
"Brant Brown was traded to the Pirates for Jon Leiber, a starting pitcher in this year's Cubs rotation. They should still have a very deep outfield with Sammy, Henry, and Lance. Gaetii will most likely start at 3rd, Blauser at SS, Mickey at 2nd, Grace at 1st, and Santiago at the C spot. The rotation should consist of Wood,Tapani, Lieber, Trachsel, and Mulholland. Jerami Gonzalez should also impact and take one of those guys out of the rotation if he comes back as scheduled mid-season. The Cubs hopefully will look even better on the field than they do on paper."

Looking thru these sites was like wandering around hell, so many lost souls and so much complete crap and brainwashing - it's unbelievable... I take being a Sox fan for granted. Thank God my dad raised me right -

Go to:
www.bleacherhideaway.com
click "fan sites" for more FUNNY sites

:thankgod