PDA

View Full Version : Wille Harris Sent down

TheBigHurt
03-26-2003, 10:49 PM
I wanted Willie Harris to lead off or at least be on the opening day roster...and i have been critzied a hell of a lot of times for that opinon. So i just wanted to bring this up...again and hear ya guys opinions.

BE GOOD

EDIT: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

Daver
03-26-2003, 10:56 PM
At this point right now Willie Harris has a lot of desire,a lot of speed,and the inability to bat my dog's weight,he was,and should have been,sent down so that he can play on a regular basis.He will have a better chance of making this team next year if he learns how to hit instead of popping it up to the SS.

bc2k
03-26-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
I wanted Willie Harris to lead off or at least be on the opening day roster...and i have been critzied a hell of a lot of times for that opinon. So i just wanted to bring this up...again and hear ya guys opinions.

BE GOOD

Let me hear your opinion on Harris. You've been a big supporter of his so maybe you've seen something I haven't. Tell me what skills he has and how he will benefit the 2003 White Sox. Put on your best Vice City outfit and sell him to me, salesman.

TornLabrum
03-26-2003, 11:21 PM
Willie Harris is the Mike Caruso du jour.

TheBigHurt
03-26-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
Let me hear your opinion on Harris. You've been a big supporter of his so maybe you've seen something I haven't. Tell me what skills he has and how he will benefit the 2003 White Sox. Put on your best Vice City outfit and sell him to me, salesman.

well bc2k i dont know what i got that you dont but well here ya go: (with a little help from the internet in * areas

*SOX were 21-19 in his starts-I know the SOX only finished 2 games over, but most of his starts were in replace of RAY-RAY

*Avg 35 and a half stolen bases a yr in the minors-SOLID we need a guy who could attract attention to while BIG FRANK and CO. are at the plate

Played better later on with the 7 or so game hitting streak in mid september and i know his spring wasnt great

Led the SOX in steals in SPRING TRAINING with 3 :)

other then that bc2k, what else do you want me to say besides "He'll be back"

ya'll mark this down

WILLIE HARRIS WILL LEAD OFF FOR THE SOX ONE DAY ...hopefully very soon

IM DONE

BE GOOD

TheBigHurt
03-26-2003, 11:25 PM
DAM every Harris poll i do it always comes out Con-Harris......ohhhh well maybe one day you will all see that i was actully right

BE GOOD

voodoochile
03-26-2003, 11:33 PM
DAM every Harris poll i do it always comes out Con-Harris......ohhhh well maybe one day you will all see that i was actully right

BE GOOD

Maybe one day you will be right. I hope so. I hope the kid goes down to AAA learns some bat control and how to take a walk. I hope he gets put at one position to stay and eventually earns his way back to the team.

BUT...

He isn't currently at that place and that is what your poll asks. If you asked if people believed that Harris would one day be a productive member of the Sox, you would get a much higher positive response. At the moment though - he doesn't deserve to be on the team, IMO.

hold2dibber
03-27-2003, 11:18 AM
I don't have Big Hurt's confidence in Harris' abilities, but I still think he should have stuck with the big club. Why? Because he is fast as hell and can play CF. Right now, there's no one on the MLB roster that can play a half-decent CF other than Rowand (and although Harris isn't exactly Willie Mays out there, I've got to believe he's better than Rios will be). Finally, I frankly don't think Harris will ever be a good enough hitter to be an everyday player in the majors. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it. Therefore, I don't think more ABs in AAA will make much of a difference. However, because of his speed and ability to play 2 important positions, I think he could be a valuable reserve (OTOH, the time in the minors might help him refine his defensive skills, which need some polishing).

czalgosz
03-27-2003, 11:56 AM
Harris can't hit (yet), and I wouldn't want him in the lineup every day, but he still has value as a utility player. I'm a little surprised the Sox sent him down - maybe they expect big things out of him in the future.

Iwritecode
03-27-2003, 12:57 PM
I pretty much agree with the last three responses. They basically said everything I could have said. I like Harris and hope to see him up and contributing to the team sometime.

MRKARNO
03-27-2003, 01:03 PM
I think this might mean that we'll see a lot of mid-season trades. Our organization is so very deep in hitting and pitching that KW might have some trades in store for us this year. I hope theyre not stupid :)

steff
03-27-2003, 01:07 PM

ya'll mark this down

WILLIE HARRIS WILL LEAD OFF FOR THE SOX ONE DAY ...hopefully very soon

IM DONE

BE GOOD

For personal reasons, I hope not.

TheBigHurt
03-27-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by steff3603

LOL..LMAO :) What you hate me now or something????????lol :)

TheBigHurt
03-27-2003, 05:39 PM
:weewillie"Whoooohoooooo, another spot with Wright on the DL???"

duke of dorwood
03-27-2003, 05:39 PM
Poll coming again

TheBigHurt
03-27-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Poll coming again

GREAT....hopefully in this WILLIE poll he will actully win or at least make it close :)
Hes 0 for 2 so far :angry: :whiner: ............LETS MAKE it 1 for 3 :smile:

steff
03-28-2003, 06:05 PM
LOL..LMAO :) What you hate me now or something????????lol :)

ROTFLMAO!!! Hate you..? I don't even think about you. Get over yourself.

whitesoxwilkes
03-28-2003, 07:15 PM

Trust me Hurt, Steff's personal reasons have nothing to do with you.

TheBigHurt
03-28-2003, 08:02 PM
ROTFLMAO!!! Hate you..? I don't even think about you. Get over yourself.

I know steff...i was just kidding i know i am unhateable

If i may...What personnel reasons is there regarding Willie?????

TheBigHurt
03-28-2003, 08:02 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!

Steff what the hell is that?

whitesoxwilkes
03-28-2003, 10:11 PM
Steff what the hell is that?

Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Arse Off

TheBigHurt
03-28-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Arse Off

ahh whats a ahh Arse????????? :) :gulp:

whitesoxwilkes
03-29-2003, 09:13 AM
ahh whats a ahh Arse????????? :) :gulp:

Colloquialism for "ass."

TornLabrum
03-29-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
Colloquialism for "ass."

I could be wrong, butI believe "ass" is actually a colloquialism for arse.

idseer
03-29-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
I could be wrong, butI believe "ass" is actually a colloquialism for arse.

not in this country. :smile:

steff
03-31-2003, 10:32 AM
I know steff...i was just kidding i know i am unhateable

If i may...What personnel reasons is there regarding Willie?????

No offense to you.. but I don't divulge my individual issues with players on the boards (at least not intentionally - I can not control the ding dongs that repeat what they think to be facts about my personal business :angry: )

I just have no use for Harris. Not now. Not ever. And it started before he was a member of the Sox. Things are not always as they seem BigHurt..