PDA

View Full Version : ESPN in bed with the Cubs

valposoxfan
03-26-2003, 02:57 PM
It's official, this is the third straight season that the Cubs are going to be a team to beat according to ESPN. On ESPN.com's opening page today they talk about the NL Central and how it will be an exciting FOUR team race for the title. Give me a break. The Cubs did not do nearly enough to make an impact on their lineup. Their bullpen still blows, they still have no one to protect or drive in Sammy (when he doesn't strike out), and the guy they gave the biggest contract to this season can't even do anything on the field. And to make matters worse ESPN called the Cubs this year's Angels. It just kind of frustrates me a little bit. The White Sox made impact deals and still hardly get credit or recognition. That's ok though. I have a 12 pack of Coors and my Microsoft Word. It's time to BS a paper on the negative aspect that labor has had on the psyche of society. Cheers my friends.

:gulp: :JB Even I don't know who I pitch for anymore......

valposoxfan
03-26-2003, 03:16 PM
Here is the link to today's ESPN article on the NL Central
http://espn.go.com/mlb/columns/mcadam_sean/1529626.html

cheeses_h_rice
03-26-2003, 03:59 PM
My advice to you is: 1) take all this with a grain of salt and acknowledge that these pre-season Blue Koolaid machinations have been occurring since time immemorial, and 2) sit back, crack open a beer, and laugh your ass off when it all goes to hell, right around July.

MRKARNO
03-26-2003, 04:34 PM
:morgan
"Hey, look who listens to the yearly hype that Cubs fans have that never materializes into anything but the bottom half of the NL central? Me!"

:boston
"I'll join you as long as you admit there is only one good AL team and their city starts with B and ends with oston"

LuvSox
03-26-2003, 04:53 PM
Did you notice the column on Buehrle also? I hate the Cubbies more than anybody on this planet, but sometimes you've gotta ignore the BS and focus on the Sox. Just a few days ago I posted some anti-Cubbie stuff too, but now I've had enough of those losers...so let's get on with real baseball....Sox baseball :gulp:

hose
03-26-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by valposoxfan
It's official, this is the third straight season that the Cubs are going to be a team to beat according to ESPN. On ESPN.com's opening page today they talk about the NL Central and how it will be an exciting FOUR team race for the title. Give me a break. The Cubs did not do nearly enough to make an impact on their lineup. Their bullpen still blows, they still have no one to protect or drive in Sammy (when he doesn't strike out), and the guy they gave the biggest contract to this season can't even do anything on the field. And to make matters worse ESPN called the Cubs this year's Angels. It just kind of frustrates me a little bit. The White Sox made impact deals and still hardly get credit or recognition. That's ok though. I have a 12 pack of Coors and my Microsoft Word. It's time to BS a paper on the negative aspect that labor has had on the psyche of society. Cheers my friends.

:gulp: :JB Even I don't know who I pitch for anymore......

ESPN has it right, the Cubs will be the team to beat....teams will beat the Cubs about 90 times this year :cool:

My nephew will be going to Valpo next year, what is the team's nickname?

valposoxfan
03-26-2003, 07:06 PM
The Crusaders :cool:

LuvSox
03-26-2003, 07:45 PM
The Crusaders :cool: You need to join a Fraternity at Valpo, young man. Just ask me, I know!

hose
03-26-2003, 09:39 PM
The Crusaders :cool:

I am now a Crusader backer ( along with the Trinity Trojans )

valposoxfan
03-26-2003, 10:01 PM
Now LuvSox explain to me why I should be in a fraternity other than :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: and such. I've been considering it though.

soxwon
03-26-2003, 11:52 PM
My nephew will be going to Valpo next year, what is the team's nickname?

Valpo Rubs
lIKE VICKS vAPO rUB

TheBigHurt
03-26-2003, 11:54 PM
VALPO......GREAT TITLE!!!!!!

i had to compliment on thattttttttttt

valposoxfan
03-27-2003, 04:15 AM
We're the Crusaders and very proud. Your nephew will love Valpo. We have the eighth best recruiting class in the nation next year and could be in the top 25 if we beat Cincinnati here at Valpo. Good things happening here. Be proud to be a Crusader. Go Sox. Don't crush me this year. Go White Sox.
Go Valpo. I'm not gonna lie, Coors Light is the drink of choice at Valparaiso University. YOu gotta love it. :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

LuvSox
03-27-2003, 08:41 AM
Now LuvSox explain to me why I should be in a fraternity other than :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: and such. I've been considering it though. I'll be an adviser for one of them next semester that is getting established after a long absence. No stupid hazing, just a great experience.

TheBigHurt
03-27-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by LuvSox
I'll be an adviser for one of them next semester that is getting established after a long absence. No stupid hazing, just a great experience.

lol a fratenity without hazing are you kidding???

valposoxfan
03-27-2003, 01:47 PM
Yeah I heard about that new frat coming here. Yeah apparently hazing is very very frowned upon here. Eh what are you gonna do? LuvSox how did you end up becoming an adviser for a frat at Valpo of all schools?