PDA

View Full Version : we HAVE to win tonight

cheeses_h_rice
08-16-2001, 12:02 PM
If the Sox do not take the final game in this Texas series, I really think they have some serious mental problems. What's their record when they reach .500? Something like 1-11? That's pathetic.

Look at how close this team is to being in first place in the division. Now just imagine if the Sox had gone .500 in those crucial games where they were at the .500 mark; they'd be just a handful of games behind the Indians.

The season isn't getting any longer. Texas is eminently beatable. The Sox must win, as simple as that. If the Sox win and Indians lose, they're just 6.5 back. With as poorly as this team has played, that's a miracle for which the team should be flat-out grateful. They can still win the division, but the time to start making statements is tonight.

Over .500? Can they do it?

HootieMcBoob
08-16-2001, 12:23 PM
The Sox' record after that 8 game losing streak in may is 45 and 30 (15 games over .500). After that losing streak, they were 15 games UNDER .500. It goes to show you how getting off to a good start is important. Plus, if we could have beaten the twins once in a while, it would make life a lot easier now ...trying to play catch-up

Soxboyrob
08-16-2001, 01:06 PM
if if if if if if if if if
When the money is on the line, we stink, period. I'm still waiting for that to change.

rmusacch
08-16-2001, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
If the Sox do not take the final game in this Texas series, I really think they have some serious mental problems. What's their record when they reach .500? Something like 1-11? That's pathetic.

Look at how close this team is to being in first place in the division. Now just imagine if the Sox had gone .500 in those crucial games where they were at the .500 mark; they'd be just a handful of games behind the Indians.

The season isn't getting any longer. Texas is eminently beatable. The Sox must win, as simple as that. If the Sox win and Indians lose, they're just 6.5 back. With as poorly as this team has played, that's a miracle for which the team should be flat-out grateful. They can still win the division, but the time to start making statements is tonight.

Over .500? Can they do it?

I think you might be right on our record when we are at .500. I read somewhere last night that this is our 13th time at .500, the 11th time since the All Star Break. We need to win. Hopefully, we can take this win and then sweep the A's this weekend.