PDA

View Full Version : Gammons Top Ten Things to Watch this Season

WhiteSoxWinner
03-25-2003, 07:51 PM
#3 - Minnesota will win the most games in the AL while Arizona will win the most in the NL.

Full article - http://espn.go.com/gammons/s/2003/0325/1529391.html

Oh geez, this whole MIN vs. the world thing is getting out of hand. They are becoming the Flubs of the AL.

whitesoxwilkes
03-25-2003, 07:54 PM
Kerry Wood wins 20 games? When did they start selling Cubbie crack in Beantown? I bet he wins 12.

czalgosz
03-25-2003, 08:07 PM
The Twins will win the most games in the AL? Where did that come from?

:boston

Well, Carl, the Twins don't have to play the Red Sox or the Yankees very much this season. That means that they will be playing a majority of their season against bad teams.

Also, as one AL GM said, "The White Sox? Pfft. Give me a break."

This is Peter Gammons, putting my press pass to good use as usual. Back to you, Carl.

TheBigHurt
03-25-2003, 08:13 PM
The Twinkees winning the most games in the AL give me a break...LMAO

Chisox_cali
03-25-2003, 08:25 PM
I didn't know Rich Gannon wrote baseball articles for ESPN.com.... :D:

Sorry I had to do it, but yeah Gammons is crazy....

czalgosz
03-25-2003, 08:27 PM
- Barry Bonds will make a serious run at batting .400.

Before his bicep explodes while doing 'fist bump' with J.T. Snow. Commisioner Selig's office will do an immediate press conference, saying "Steroids? Where?"

On Aug. 1, we will be doing a story on whether or not Manny Ramirez can win the Triple Crown.

And then I will get inundated with emails reminding me that people on the DL can't win Triple Crowns.

Minnesota will win the most games in the AL while Arizona will win the most in the NL.

Mysteriously, the Yankees, Red Sox, Angels, A's, Mariners, and White Sox will all forfeit all their games.

Byung-Hyun Kim will win 15 games. Wait until you see his changeup.

Barry Bonds can't wait to see it, either. Neither can Alfonso Soriano. Heck, I heard Scott Brosius is coming out of retirement just to see it.

Kevin Millwood will win more games than Greg Maddux and Tom Glavine.

Combined! Did I mention I dropped acid this morning? Everything has a bright comet trail...

Scott Rolen in the NL and Eric Chavez in the AL will each be in the top five in the MVP vote.

Because they're that good!

Kerry Wood will win 20 games. His previous high win total is 13.

Mainly because the league will pass a special rule allowing the Cubs players to cork their bats, but only during Wood's starts.

Junior Griffey will make a run at 50 homers.

If 26 is a "run at 50 homers", then sure.

Brandon Phillips will be a star. And as Cliff Lee goes into the Indians' starting rotation and outfielder Grady Sizemore inches towards the big leagues, GM Mark Shapiro will be cited for making one of the best modern trades (the Bartolo Colon deal). Unfortunately, the Expos traded those three for Rolando Arrojo ... err El Duque.

But they still won't be able to beat the Twins (see above).

George Steinbrenner will threaten to fire Joe Torre by May 15, but will wake up and instead trade David Wells by July 1.

and then he'll really wake up and remember that noone wants David Wells or his contract.

WhiteSoxWinner
03-25-2003, 08:31 PM
*****!!!!

Daver
03-25-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz

George Steinbrenner will threaten to fire Joe Torre by May 15, but will wake up and instead trade David Wells by July 1.

and then he'll really wake up and remember that noone wants David Wells or his contract.

And he will also remember that Wells has a no trade clause......

Daver
03-25-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
I didn't know Rich Gannon wrote baseball articles for ESPN.com.... :D:

Sorry I had to do it, but yeah Gammons is crazy....

I guess I should fix the title to this thread,to avoid confusion.

:)

SoxxoS
03-25-2003, 08:47 PM
He's getting senile now. Seriously. along with Lenny Harris and Rickey Henderson, Gammons should hang it up. Or turn it off, that being the microphone. Whatever, but I have seen/heard enough.

Chisox_cali
03-25-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by daver

well it'll add more confusion, like "why the hell is he talking about Rich Gannon in this thread?" Not to mention it's takes away from my joke dammit! :)

Daver
03-25-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Not to mention it's takes away from my joke dammit!

No,now you can relish in a private joke that you share with only a few,while the rest of the world is confused as to why you would mention Rich Gannon.

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-25-2003, 08:55 PM
GAMMONS IS STUPID!

Chisox_cali
03-25-2003, 09:00 PM
No,now you can relish in a private joke that you share with only a few,while the rest of the world is confused as to why you would mention Rich Gannon.

I'll just add them to the list of people who think I'm nuts :D:

TheBigHurt
03-25-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
GAMMONS IS STUPID!

LOL Gammons is out of his mind to say the least

or what you said..............p.s. nice sig.....

MRKARNO
03-25-2003, 10:17 PM
:boston
"Since we have 29 teams in the majors (13 AL, 16 NL), why dont we just contract Montreal, move a team to the AL and be done with it?"

T Dog
03-25-2003, 11:34 PM
All this Twins love and Cubs love had me really depressed. Then I remembered that instead of taking a vote to see who wins this season, they will be playing games.

TheBigHurt
03-25-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by T Dog
All this Twins love and Cubs love had me really depressed. Then I remembered that instead of taking a vote to see who wins this season, they will be playing games.

EXACTLY, dont let this media crap get to you :) :gulp:

here this will help- :gulp:

WhiteSoxWinner
03-26-2003, 12:00 AM

Thanks Daver. I was hoping one of you would once I realized the mistake. :D: