PDA

View Full Version : SI article on CREDE

TheBigHurt
03-25-2003, 12:17 PM
A solid article on our future star

A present from me to you: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/john_donovan/news/2003/03/24/buzz_monday/

czalgosz
03-25-2003, 12:21 PM
The only glaring hole I see in Crede's game right now is a lack of plate patience, although that could change as he gets older. He's going to be really solid. I can see him being a good Kevin Millar comp.

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-25-2003, 08:21 PM
i am just glad he is here. after years of snopek, norton, Valentin(3b that is ) we finally have a legit 3b to replace robin.

and it only took 6 years

TornLabrum
03-25-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
i am just glad he is here. after years of snopek, norton, Valentin(3b that is ) we finally have a legit 3b to replace robin.

and it only took 6 years

And we still haven't replaced Robin's lefthanded bat. I'm guessing replacing that may take another 6 years.

ode to veeck
03-26-2003, 08:58 AM
But it is nice to have a vacuum cleaner at the hot corner ...

czalgosz
03-26-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
And we still haven't replaced Robin's lefthanded bat. I'm guessing replacing that may take another 6 years.

Joe Borchard has a nice lefty bat, so does Brian Daubach.

TheBigHurt
03-26-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
Joe Borchard has a nice lefty bat, so does Brian Daubach.

YUP....
I am looking for Daubach to have a huge year

calebhatesyou
03-28-2003, 01:28 AM
Crede has been touted for so long his elevation to an actual big leager has been made out to be the second comming of jesus (or maybe robin) at third base. I want to see him go 162 contribute to some wins, wether that be with wood or leather, before i call him any sort of "star", future or otherwise. But if he can end a game with one swing like (seemingly)100 times or win enough golden glove give out as door prizes at pitcher mound pow-wows, like Robin did on the south side, I guess I will have been the last one on the Crede bandwagon. But until that day he'll just be a lunch-pale 3bagger to me. no more, no less. don't beleive the hype. the revolution was not televised (although it was taped for posterity).