PDA

View Full Version : Another Cublove Article...

DrCrawdad
03-25-2003, 06:46 AM
Count On The Cubs To Surprise, Tom Robinson - MSNBC (http://www.msnbc.com/news/888110.asp?cp1=1)

WhiteSoxWinner
03-25-2003, 09:34 AM
Oh man, what is this guy smoking? I especially like the last part about "What the Cubs have over the Yankees". This guy's whole thing is that (to paraphrase), The Yankees have back ups at every position except closer. Since they do not have a back up closer, I can't pick them, and the Cubs have a shot at dethroning them.

Huh!?!? What kind of twisted logic is that? May as well argue, sure, the Cubs can't field a team of starters due to the fact that there is no one to play second because Jesus Hill is surprisingly not ready, Grudlezanic(sp) is horrible but will get second by default, Patterson sucks, Moises Alou hasn't stayed healthy for a whole season in a long time, and now the closer is down for 6 weeks with injury, however, this doesn't matter. Because the Cubs may have a couple guys who can close, they will beat the Yankees.

How can this guy complain about a Yankee plan B, when the Flubs haven't conceived of Plan A yet?

This is just sick.

balz1472
03-25-2003, 09:48 AM
Every year it's the same story. I love to read these things, then hear it from my dumb Scrub-fan friends... then they have another losing season....

Sad that they still think they will win it all EVERY YEAR.

:D:

TheBigHurt
03-25-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by balz1472
Every year it's the same story. I love to read these things, then hear it from my dumb Scrub-fan friends... then they have another losing season....

Sad that they still think they will win it all EVERY YEAR.

:D:

in thier Heart Cubs fans they think they will(which is the funny thing).....but in their brain they know they wont. or at least some of the fans that arent brainwashes

soxruleEP
03-25-2003, 02:28 PM
This has to be the stupidest thing I've read this year.

If the SCrubs can win 95 games this year, I know it will a sign of the apocalypse.

And the Yankees won't win because they only have one closer--which this idiot admits is one more than the SCrubs have.

It never ceases to amaze me the dementia of SCrubdom.

Pete_SSAC
03-25-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by soxruleEP
This has to be the stupidest thing I've read this year.

If the SCrubs can win 95 games this year, I know it will a sign of the apocalypse.

If the Cubs win 95... the sox are winning 140

- Pete

dllrbll7
03-25-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSoxWinner
The Yankees have back ups at every position except closer. Since they do not have a back up closer, I can't pick them, and the Cubs have a shot at dethroning them.

If the Yankees end up needing a closer i can guarantee they will go find one that would definately be better than any closer on the north side