PDA

View Full Version : World Series

MRKARNO
03-24-2003, 10:19 PM
I just watched game 7 of the 2001 World Series.

Happiest moment of my 5-6 years of truly following baseball and understanding the game. (I'm 14 now).

I know we're gonna win the World Series here at the Cell. I can just tell. I have this feeling that it will happen. I can't imagine how great that would be.
Although i very much so remember the Bulls championships, I expected them because they got their first when I was 3 and their last when i was 10. 1993-1995 were a confusing time for me following sports.

Of my years following the sox in depth, I remember some good times (2000), some pathetic times (strike-1999) and some really dissapointing times (2001, 2002).

In the third year since the AL Central Championship season, with one week to go before opening day @KC, I declare this year, the Year that we will win the world series.

This is the third year in which we have had high hopes.
It is also the third year that Kenny Williams has made a big offseason trade

Third times a charm!!
That's my logic. Forget BAs and SBs.

A.T. Money
03-25-2003, 01:17 AM
Don't hold your breath.

Just remember, the Sox have done really well when no one expected it. As in 2000.

TheBigHurt
03-25-2003, 10:11 AM
Game 7 of the 2001 World Series AZ-YANKMEES was sweet to say the least

Sitting next to all those Yankmee fans when Luis Gonzalez hit that game winning hit to give the win and the series to the D-Backs.........I will never forget that sweet sweet moment :) :gulp:

mulvaskills
03-25-2003, 10:14 AM
If the Sox do get to the World Series this year, it looks like they'll lose to...the CUBS! Or so says ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/columns/stark_jayson/1528685.html

TheBigHurt
03-25-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by mulvaskills
If the Sox do get to the World Series this year, it looks like they'll lose to...the CUBS! Or so says ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/columns/stark_jayson/1528685.html

DAM I have seen that article to many times to count

BE GOOD

Sad
03-25-2003, 12:59 PM
I forgot about that... and I was out in Phoenix for that '01 WS

actually I was there for the NASCAR festivities but that joint was jumpin'! NASCAR and the WS- there wasn't a room or car to be found

man it was great seeing the Yanker's go down
I was a big D-Backs fan that week! :D:

pudge
03-25-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
I just watched game 7 of the 2001 World Series.

Happiest moment of my 5-6 years of truly following baseball and understanding the game. (I'm 14 now).

I know we're gonna win the World Series here at the Cell. I can just tell. I have this feeling that it will happen. I can't imagine how great that would be.
Although i very much so remember the Bulls championships, I expected them because they got their first when I was 3 and their last when i was 10. 1993-1995 were a confusing time for me following sports.

Of my years following the sox in depth, I remember some good times (2000), some pathetic times (strike-1999) and some really dissapointing times (2001, 2002).

In the third year since the AL Central Championship season, with one week to go before opening day @KC, I declare this year, the Year that we will win the world series.

This is the third year in which we have had high hopes.
It is also the third year that Kenny Williams has made a big offseason trade

Third times a charm!!
That's my logic. Forget BAs and SBs.

Ah yes, to be 14 again and actually think the Sox will win the World Series. Ignorance is bliss. But keep up the good spirits, youngster.

oldcomiskey
03-25-2003, 05:22 PM
I am reminded of the woman red sox fan is ken burns baseball about when the BoSox lost the 86 series.......