PDA

View Full Version : New security rules

Paulwny
03-24-2003, 07:31 PM
The new rules allow fans to bring bags not exceeding 16-by-6-by-6 inches to ballparks. Following the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks in 2001, all backpacks and coolers were banned.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/wire/sns-ap-bbo-security,0,1628495.story?coll=sns%2Dap%2Dbaseball% 2Dheadlines

czalgosz
03-24-2003, 07:50 PM
What kind of weaponry can you fit in a backpack that you can't fit in a purse? These rules make no sense.

dllrbll7
03-24-2003, 08:06 PM
I believe you can bring backpacks now as long as they arent bigger than 16"x6". My question is that a 16" square and 6" deep or 16" tall and 6" wide. I dont know many bags that are only 6" wide though.

ilovemags30
03-24-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
I believe you can bring backpacks now as long as they arent bigger than 16"x6". My question is that a 16" square and 6" deep or 16" tall and 6" wide. I dont know many bags that are only 6" wide though.

its 16" square and 6" deep.. we had to go thru all the secruity training for work and that was a major change is we allow backpacks again into the ballpark.

Daver
03-24-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
What kind of weaponry can you fit in a backpack that you can't fit in a purse? These rules make no sense.

I can fit a 9 MM machine gun into a kids lunchbox,with two hundred rounds of ammo,I think they need to rethink these rules.

duke of dorwood
03-24-2003, 08:31 PM
Thats pretty small. I just returned from Bristol Motor Speedway where 160,000 people can bring good size coolers in. And there's no trouble there. We had 20 beers in the cooler with ice. It was heavy, but a lot lighter on the way out. All they did was look inside to see if it was just cans, and they even checked under peoples hats. The folks that run the speedway here really can learn from those folks.

Daver
03-24-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
The folks that run the speedway here really can learn from those folks.

If you are refering to Chicagoland Speedway I would suggest you contact Joey Chitwood Jr.,and voice your displeasure to him,I already have.

Dadawg_77
03-24-2003, 08:58 PM
Just in case anyone wonder, this insert was in my cub sox tickets for this year. Not sure if the Sox policy is changed or I got an outdated policy.

Carry In Policy
Guests ar permitter to bring food items into the park in a see through plastic bag that can be stored underneath the seat. One sealed water bottle, 1 liter or less in size, per person may be brought in the park.

No backpacks, coolers, large purses or bags will be allowed into the park. Small purses and fanny packs will be allowed into the park and will be searched before entering.

Familier w/ children may bring in diaper bags (less than 12"X12"X6" in size). Sealed juise boxes for children will also be permitted

Checking facilities are not available for restricted items.

I

CLR01
03-25-2003, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by daver
I can fit a 9 MM machine gun into a kids lunchbox,with two hundred rounds of ammo,I think they need to rethink these rules.

You've tried this have you? One of the kids having trouble with the school bully?

Daver
03-25-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by CLR01
You've tried this have you? One of the kids having trouble with the school bully?

LMAO

No,I used an old metal lunchbox to ship a TEK-9 overseas not to long ago,there was enough room left in the box to easily fit two hundred rounds.

maurice
03-25-2003, 05:41 PM
The 9/11 excuse is getting pretty stale at this point. I can't see how these new rules prevent fans from flying jet liners into buildings. My wife's purse is quite large, but I'm pretty sure she can't fit a 737 in there.

The security issue is a red herring. MLB just wants to exclude large containers in its continuing effort encourage fans to pay extortionist prices for food, beer, and soda.