PDA

View Full Version : Indians comment on Sox "talking"

Lip Man 1
03-24-2003, 06:18 PM
This is from Peter Gammons "hot trends" column on ESPN.com's baseball preview:

"Players on several other teams have mocked the White Sox who demeaned Minnesota.

"If the White Sox don't respect the Twins," says one Indians player. "Then they'll never beat them. (The Twins) play the game the right way."

Lip

Pete_SSAC
03-24-2003, 06:32 PM
*slaps* Shut up and enjoy the view of the race from teh cellar, you little b*tch.

- Pete

TheBigHurt
03-24-2003, 06:33 PM
this is coming from out of all teams THE TRIBE gimme a break

BE GOOD

Chisox_cali
03-24-2003, 07:19 PM
What the hell is he talking about!? The only person who has said anything was Billy Koch, that's it. Every other person on the Sox who has said something in print have all said that the Twins have a good team, and that they are the favorites, especially Paul Konerko, and JM. And that Koch thing was like months ago, and he even said he thinks they are a good team, he just thought they we're "lucky" He hasn't said anything since that, and the media just keeps stretching that into "The Sox have NO Respect for the Twins" Gimme a Break...

Foulke You
03-24-2003, 07:36 PM
How much you want to bet that it is former Twinkee and current Indian Matt Lawton saying this crap. He still has friends over there and never, ever stops yapping.

Jerry_Manuel
03-24-2003, 08:31 PM
Unless the Sox are sending emails to the Twins, Minnesota continues to live in the world of make believe.

duke of dorwood
03-24-2003, 08:38 PM
:notoons

2003 motto:

Divide and Conquer-its our only hope

TheBigHurt
03-24-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Unless the Sox are sending emails to the Twins, Minnesota continues to live in the world of make believe.

SOLID thats what we like to hear from OUR coach

MRKARNO
03-24-2003, 09:45 PM
Peter Gammons hasn't written an article about the sox since AT LEAST Oct. 23rd 2001. He is no authority on the Sox. Also, Jason Stark called the Twins the most lovable team in baseball

:boston
"Let's analyze the AL Central. We have the Royals, the Indians, the Tigers and the Twins."

:cleo
"The Twins will win the world series. Your 3 free minutes are up Peter."

Edit: I did find an older archive from 2001 in which the Sox are in the title twice

First time: Will White Sox deal Wells, THomas?
Second: Can the White Sox stay alive?

Also in the second mailbag, he proposes this trade:
Seattle: Ryan Anderson, Antonio Perez, Joel Piniero, Brett Tomko
Chisox: maggs

As far as I know from early 2001 he has no written a single Sox column

WhiteSoxWinner
03-24-2003, 09:49 PM
The Indians are complaining about teams talking? Isn't this the same Indians team that despite a sell off a couple years ago, still had one Milton Bradley (who wasn't even with the team the prior year) said something to the effect that they are the division champs, and will be until someone dethrones them? What was that? Idle chit chat?

GASHWOUND
03-24-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
What the hell is he talking about!? The only person who has said anything was Billy Koch, that's it. Every other person on the Sox who has said something in print have all said that the Twins have a good team, and that they are the favorites, especially Paul Konerko, and JM. And that Koch thing was like months ago, and he even said he thinks they are a good team, he just thought they we're "lucky" He hasn't said anything since that, and the media just keeps stretching that into "The Sox have NO Respect for the Twins" Gimme a Break...

That's exactly what I'm thinkin? WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY TALKIN ABOUT? "Players on several other teams have mocked the White Sox who demeaned Minnesota." WHAT?! When the hell did we "demeaned" the freeakin Twins this year besides(like you said) Koch earlier this year. Jeez, I freakin pissed at Freakin GammonsTrying to make us "THE BAD GUY" All the Sox players have shown nothing but respect forthe Twins, that their the favs until proven otherwise.
Argg.It's probably the Twins media or players spreading this crap to make them look better and to make us look bad. "Ohhh, We're the underdog Twins, we play the game "THE RIGHT WAY"

"If the White Sox don't respect the Twins," says one Indians player. "Then they'll never beat them. (The Twins) play the game the right way."

What the hell does that mean?! "The Twins play the game the right way?
The Twins blame the Sox cause they were cocky last year and didn't give the Twins any respect..Well, reading the Twins papers on the websites the past few months the only people being cocky are the Twin players and media. And the players who did speak out against the Twins aren't even on the freakin team anymore(Durham, Howry)
What a bunch of bull crap..Sigh.. :gulp:

TheBigHurt
03-24-2003, 10:00 PM
I kinda miss hating THE TRIBE #1, now its the Twins we all hate #1

GASHWOUND
03-24-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

And apparently so does Gammons..

GASHWOUND
03-24-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSoxWinner
The Indians are complaining about teams talking? Isn't this the same Indians team that despite a sell off a couple years ago, still had one Milton Bradley (who wasn't even with the team the prior year) said something to the effect that they are the division champs, and will be until someone dethrones them? What was that? Idle chit chat?

Is Bradley still with the Toons?
If he is wouldn't it be ironic if he was the player who made the comments. :o:

Lip Man 1
03-24-2003, 10:07 PM
Just FYI, Gammons has picked both the Sox and Cubs as the most interesting teams this season. He said that on ESPN's SportsCenter.

He also said he couldn't wait to see the Sox in person. I haven't seen the Sox spring training preview on ESPN so I don't know if he went to Arizona or not to file the story.

Lip

GASHWOUND
03-24-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
I kinda miss hating THE TRIBE #1, now its the Twins we all hate #1

I got enough hate to go around for both teams :angry:

RedPinStripes
03-24-2003, 10:11 PM
Let em all hate us and brawl with us. Last team that brawled with the Sox motivated them to kick the **** out of the Yankees and Indians.

MRKARNO
03-24-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

What about the Tigers?

:fick

TheBigHurt
03-24-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

THATS ALWAYS GOOD!!!!

GASHWOUND
03-24-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
What about the Tigers?

:fick

The Tigers are like 6th on my hate teams right now..All I have for them right now is pity hate.

WinningUgly!
03-24-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
This is from Peter Gammons "hot trends" column on ESPN.com's baseball preview:

"Players on several other teams have mocked the White Sox who demeaned Minnesota.

Lip

Where does all this supposed disrespect from the Sox, toward the Twins keep coming from? Who keeps stirring up all the "trash talking White Sox" propaganda? Is there an Al-Jazeera sports channel that I don't know about?

MRKARNO
03-24-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Where does all this supposed disrespect from the Sox, toward the Twins keep coming from? Who keeps stirring up all the "trash talking White Sox" propaganda? Is there an Al-Jazeer sports channel that I don't know about?

:)

WinningUgly!
03-24-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
:)

Nice. :D: