PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Sox vs. Rockies 3-24-03 Thread


Unregistered
03-24-2003, 03:50 PM
Sorry, thought someone else would've done it by now...

I have 3-2 Rockies in the Top of the 6th...

2 runs for the Sox in the top of the first

followed by 3 in the bottom of the frame for the Rockies...

No home runs,

Loaiza was slated to start.

Unregistered
03-24-2003, 03:55 PM
Top 7,
3-2 Rockies

...alomar grounds out, 2 out (missed the first out)
crede strikes out looking.

Bottom 7
3-2 Rockies


FUN FACT: LAST SOX HIT WAS A MAGGLIO SINGLE IN THE 3RD INNING

Unregistered
03-24-2003, 04:06 PM
BOTTOM 7
3-2 Rockies

Wright Pitching:

Ground out
Double down the line (off of Konerko's glove) runner on 2nd, 1 out.
Fly out to right. Runner held on 2nd. 2 out.
Runner advances to third on a wild pitch.
Santurio(?) strikes out to end the inning.

Wright's line:
2IP, 0 R, 1 H, 2K

TOP 8
3-2 ROCKIES

Unregistered
03-24-2003, 04:10 PM
TOP 8
3-2 Rockies

Jimenez grounds out to third. 1 out.
Lee fouls out. 2 out.
Konerko ground out to second. 3 out.

FUN FACT: The Sox have gone 1-2-3 the last 5 innings.

BOTTOM 8
3-2 Rockies

hold2dibber
03-24-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Wright's line:
2IP, 0 R, 1 H, 2K


That's awfully good to see; much more important than the outcome of the game.

Sounds like Loaiza didn't have his best game, though (depending, to some extent, on how many innings he pitched total).

Unregistered
03-24-2003, 04:20 PM
Koch Pitching:

Some Guy Strikes out (from 3-0). 1 out.
Player Delongname flies to center. 2 out.
Atkins doubles to right, Borchard just misses the catch.
Reyes hits a ball right past Crede on 0-2. Atkins scores on a play at the plate.

4-2 Rockies
(Koch gives up his first run of ST)

Stynes Strikes out on a 101 mph fastball on the corner.

4-2 Rockies
TOP 9

FUN FACT: Koch gave Rowand a Rolex in exchange for his #44

Unregistered
03-24-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
That's awfully good to see; much more important than the outcome of the game.

Sounds like Loaiza didn't have his best game, though (depending, to some extent, on how many innings he pitched total). If I'm not mistaken, I think Loaiza went 5IP, just getting beat up a little in the first inning... not the worst outing in the world, i guess.

hold2dibber
03-24-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
If I'm not mistaken, I think Loaiza went 5IP, just getting beat up a little in the first inning... not the worst outing in the world, i guess.

That's good; if he can regularly give the Sox about 6 innings with 4 or less ERs, he'll be find for the back of the rotation. To me, the 2 guys who hold the key for the Sox this year remain Jimenez and Garland. If those 2 excel, I think the Sox will be well on their way to a 90 win season (or thereabouts).

Unregistered
03-24-2003, 04:44 PM
TOP 9
4-2 Rockies


Reed Pitching:

Borchard misses a Home Run (foul) by inches
Borchard the strikes out. 1 out.
Lee pops up the short center. 2 out.
Olivo hits a triple to right center field.

(19 Straight batters retired before that)

Rios grounds out to first.
Game OVER.


FINAL
4-2 ROCKIES

Unregistered
03-24-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
That's good; if he can regularly give the Sox about 6 innings with 4 or less ERs, he'll be find for the back of the rotation. To me, the 2 guys who hold the key for the Sox this year remain Jimenez and Garland. If those 2 excel, I think the Sox will be well on their way to a 90 win season (or thereabouts). Agreed. I can hardly imagine how good this team would be if Jimenez became a solid leadoff guy (he's already good at working deep into the count) and if Garland started pitching well consistently.

czalgosz
03-24-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Agreed. I can hardly imagine how good this team would be if Jimenez became a solid leadoff guy (he's already good at working deep into the count) and if Garland started pitching well consistently.

Right there - Garland and Jimenez are probably the two most important guys on the team right now. If they produce, I honestly don't see the Twins beating the Sox, barring injury *knocks on wood*. If they stink, it'll be a long season.

WhiteSox = Life
03-24-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
(19 Straight batters retired before that)

Please tell me that the White Sox are not going to have double-digit hitting droughts during the season. There were so many times that happened the last couple seasons and if it happens prevalently again this year, uh oh.

On a positive note, only 4 runs given up isn't too bad, but you gotta score more than the other team to win.

Also, positively, it was nice to see that Wright pitched well and that Loaiza bounced back after a tough 1st.

Not the best game of ST, but, overall, a seemingly pretty good effort, but the 19 batters retired in a row kills me.

Man, I cannot wait for the season to start...

:)