PDA

View Full Version : BP Dollar Values for Players

Dadawg_77
03-22-2003, 06:34 PM
Baseball Prospectus put fantasy dollar values for player yesterday. Taking these and fumbling around with them saw the team with the highest value is the Yankees about 20%. The Sox were tied for 10th and Twins were 8, but only $3 difference. BP PECTOA system also projections the percent a player will have a breakout season, collapse and improve this season. The Yankees had the lowest collapse rate and highest improvement of team who were awful last year. They had a low breakout rate, but that only mean the Yankees have veteran players who are less likely to breakout. White Sox have 15.29% chance of breaking out, 44.71% of improvement and 22.47% of collapse.

Not sure if these numbers mean a damn thing, but it took me two seconds to put the pivot table together, so I figure share them for fun. Remember that Todd Hudley may have a higher improvement ratio then Barry Bonds (actually not sure if this is true) because Todd's numbers were so low it is easier to improve from them then Barry's numbers. Younger players tend to have a higher breakout rate, why Tampa Bay has the highest %.

Also this is just for hitters and includes minor leaguers.

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-22-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Remember that Todd Hudley may have a higher improvement ratio then Barry Bonds

i still wouldnt bet on that. todd sucks bigtime.

Dadawg_77
03-23-2003, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
i still wouldnt bet on that. todd sucks bigtime.

It wasn't meant to be taken literally, just it is easier to improve bad stats then to improve unworldly ones.