PDA

View Full Version : Greg Vaugn Released

Fridaythe13thJason
03-22-2003, 03:13 PM
Here's the article:

Vaugn Gone (http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2003/0322/1527855.html)

I especially like the quote about not feeling like he has to get 2 hits or an RBI every time up to the plate.

Not sure anyone expected that of you, Greg, but with those stats, maybe a hit / week would have done the trick.

:?:

Unregistered
03-22-2003, 03:37 PM
Not to mention the fact that by releasing Vaughn, Tampa Bay has to eat $9.25 Million this year. Pinella must really hate this guy...

Jjav829
03-22-2003, 04:01 PM
Let's pick him up!

Smart move by Tampa from the baseball end of it. They don't need Vaughn taking AB's away from guys like Crawford and Huff (unless Lou puts him at 3B).

That was a great quote. Just shut up. Everyone knows you suck and no one is buying the excuse that you felt like you had to go out there everytime and hit a HR. I wonder if anyone will pick his sorry ass up. I know I wouldn't.

Brian26
03-22-2003, 05:38 PM
Vaughn's been a punk since the mid 90's with the Brewers. I hope he snorts that 9.25 million up his nose quick enough so he's working Joliet Jackhammer games by 2004.

:wills

"Drillrod!"

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-22-2003, 11:47 PM
this guy was once good. what the hell happened to him anyway? he went to the yanks i think and well the d rays will do wonders for anybody's career i guess.

Blueprint1
03-23-2003, 02:28 AM
he was on the Reds I believe after he played in San Diego. Remember he was the third man in the 98 homerun chase. I think that he would fit right in if he went back to Milwaukee.

Ol Aches & Pains
03-23-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Blueprint1
he was on the Reds I believe after he played in San Diego. Remember he was the third man in the 98 homerun chase. I think that he would fit right in if he went back to Milwaukee.

I think when you get released by the worst team in baseball, you should probably admit to yourself that it's over.

TheBigHurt
03-23-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Ol Aches & Pains
I think when you get released by the worst team in baseball, you should probably admit to yourself that it's over.

true .......but a lot of the times terrible teams aka the D-RAYS want to go young

Yeah Voodoo, LETS PICK HIM UP, it'll be the steal of the season!!!!!

voodoochile
03-23-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
true .......but a lot of the times terrible teams aka the D-RAYS want to go young

Yeah Voodoo, LETS PICK HIM UP, it'll be the steal of the season!!!!!

Sorry? When did I say I wanted this guy?

TheBigHurt
03-24-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Sorry? When did I say I wanted this guy?

opps my bad it was Jjav.....

BE GOOD

fuzzy_patters
03-24-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Ol Aches & Pains

Actually, if the Devil Rays release you, you should probably rejoice because you are about to have a good season. Just ask Herbert Perry.

Ol Aches & Pains
03-25-2003, 02:00 PM
Before this thread (like Greg Vaughn) fades into oblivion, I just want to put this on the record. It's not exactly germane to the topic, but I don't know where else to put it.

I don't hate the Twins. I don't hate the Yankees. I don't even hate the Cubs. Hate is a strong word. But lately I've come to realize I f----ing hate the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. I hate that their name rhymes, I hate their godawful indoor stadium, their godawful minor league uniforms, and their bumbling, inept play on the field. They have been the worst team in baseball since their first game 5 years ago, and they show no signs of ever getting better. When the only recognizable name on your team is the manager, you're in trouble. Everything about this team is bush leauge. They should call them the Tampa Bay Double A's, and maybe rename the stadium Bush Gardens, in honor of another local attraction.