PDA

View Full Version : Sterling Hitchcock

gosox41
03-22-2003, 10:21 AM
I saw the Yankees are tying to trade Sterling Hitchcock. So if you're KW, do you try and get him? How about if the Yanks eat 2/3 of his salary and the Sox don't have to give up any good talent for him? With the injury to Danny Wright, it might be something to consider.

Bob

MarkEdward
03-22-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
I saw the Yankees are tying to trade Sterling Hitchcock. So if you're KW, do you try and get him? How about if the Yanks eat 2/3 of his salary and the Sox don't have to give up any good talent for him? With the injury to Danny Wright, it might be something to consider.

Bob

Ugh, no way. We're much better off with Stewart or Rauch in the fifth spot.

Unregistered
03-22-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by gosox41

Bob Trust me, Sterling Hitchcock would KILL us. That guy BLOWS. Hmm... maybe the Cubs are interested...

voodoochile
03-22-2003, 11:46 AM
I thought Wright was fine and on pace to pitch April 6th. Why are you still talking about him like he is injured?

WhiteSoxWinner
03-22-2003, 01:18 PM
I wouldn't take him. He is done.

gosox41
03-22-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I thought Wright was fine and on pace to pitch April 6th. Why are you still talking about him like he is injured?

As much as I'd like to be optimistic, elbow injuries can turn serious if not treated correctly. Is 11 days of rest really going to help inflamation and bone chips? As of right now, he's not throwing full speed and has yet to throw a curve ball. I hope he's OK, but don't think the Sox should wait around too long to find out. Hitchcock probably isn't the answer, but there may be one elsewhere.

Bob

guillen4life13
03-23-2003, 10:52 AM
CHUCK FINLEY!!

voodoochile
03-23-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
CHUCK FINLEY!!

Well, that would certainly liven up the wives seating section. Wonder what Tawney's contribution to the WSW Cookbook would be...

fuzzy_patters
03-24-2003, 12:07 AM
Well, that would certainly liven up the wives seating section. Wonder what Tawney's contribution to the WSW Cookbook would be...

It would probably be either chuck roast or ground chuck.

hold2dibber
03-24-2003, 08:40 AM

We're a week from the start of the season and so far he has pitched in two games, for a total of about 4 innings and was absolutely shelled both times. He hasn't pitched in a few weeks because of a tender elbow and hasn't even attempted to throw a breaking ball. At the very least, the Sox need to prepare to start the season without him, because his availability sure doesn't seem like a sure thing to me.

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-24-2003, 03:01 PM
if he cant go, i say let stewart start. 4 innings in all ST is pretty bad and i doubt dw is ready.

hold2dibber
03-24-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
We're a week from the start of the season and so far he has pitched in two games, for a total of about 4 innings and was absolutely shelled both times. He hasn't pitched in a few weeks because of a tender elbow and hasn't even attempted to throw a breaking ball. At the very least, the Sox need to prepare to start the season without him, because his availability sure doesn't seem like a sure thing to me.

I actually went back and checked; he has thrown a total of 3.1 spring training innings and allowed 10 earned runs. He hasn't pitched for weeks. His elbow was swollen and sore. If Wright is ready for his April 6th start, I'll be surprised (and even if he is, I'm guessing he'll be on a pretty strict pitch count in the 75 pitches range).