:hitless
went 0 for 3

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore?gid=230320129

TheBigHurt
03-21-2003, 08:26 PM
dam what happened to this guys carrer

LuvSox
03-21-2003, 08:28 PM
"Some things will never change. They just stand there looking backwards, half-unconcious from the pain. They may seem rearranged. In the backwater swirling, there is somethings that will never change."

DrCrawdad
03-21-2003, 08:30 PM
The guy who scouted Toad Ritchie and recommended him needs to be beaten, bad.

I'm of the opinion that the main voice on acquiring Ritchie was non-other than Schu.

Daver
03-21-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad

I'm of the opinion that the main voice on acquiring Ritchie was non-other than Schu.

You are correct,the same Schu that made Mark Johnson a first round draft choice,even though he was told flat out that Johnson would be available in the third round.

And people think Kenny Williams is terrible.........

dllrbll7
03-21-2003, 08:39 PM
Man i know he doesnt have much backup in Milwaukee but that was just awful. I am glad he moved up north.

TheBigHurt
03-21-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
Man i know he doesnt have much backup in Milwaukee but that was just awful. I am glad he moved up north.

yeah i think every sox fan is

DrCrawdad
03-21-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by daver
You are correct,the same Schu that made Mark Johnson a first round draft choice,even though he was told flat out that Johnson would be available in the third round.

And people think Kenny Williams is terrible.........

Seems to me that during the Schu-era there were quite a few terrible draft picks.

* Mark Johnson (as you said, might have been fine later in the draft)
* Jason Dellaero
Plus the wasted picks of guys never signed such as Bobbie Hill & Jeff Weaver.

Daver
03-21-2003, 09:19 PM
Seems to me that during the Schu-era there were quite a few terrible draft picks.

* Mark Johnson (as you said, might have been fine later in the draft)
* Jason Dellaero

You forgot to mention the fact that Schu drafted his daughter also.

:)

StepsInSC
03-21-2003, 09:38 PM
I still miss them both, for team harmony purposes of course.

MarkEdward
03-21-2003, 11:41 PM

I don't understand the Schuler resentment. When Schuler proponents bring up the fact that the Sox had one of the best farm systems when Schuler was GM, the response is "well, Kenny Williams ran the farm system, so he should take all the credit." OK, I understand that. So if Williams ran the farm (and I'd assume all of the other developmental aspects of the Sox), shouldn't he take "credit" for the bad draft picks?

It seems like Schuler gets blamed for the bad picks, while Kenny is responsible for our great farm system.

Daver
03-21-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
I don't understand the Schuler resentment. When Schuler proponents bring up the fact that the Sox had one of the best farm systems when Schuler was GM, the response is "well, Kenny Williams ran the farm system, so he should take all the credit." OK, I understand that. So if Williams ran the farm (and I'd assume all of the other developmental aspects of the Sox), shouldn't he take "credit" for the bad draft picks?

It seems like Schuler gets blamed for the bad picks, while Kenny is responsible for our great farm system.

Kenny took over control of the draft in 1999,you can base your opinion on that,everything pre 99 was controlled by Schu.

Brian26
03-22-2003, 12:30 AM

* Jason Dellaero

I was just looking at Dellaero's numbers. This guy must have been pretty amazing on defense, because he never hit over.230 in any level of minor league ball. If you can't hit over.230 in Single A, you don't have a chance.

Stoky44
03-22-2003, 01:00 AM
I HATE ROYCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hitless :D: :angry:

fuzzy_patters
03-22-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by LuvSox
"Some things will never change. They just stand there looking backwards, half-unconcious from the pain. They may seem rearranged. In the backwater swirling, there is somethings that will never change."

Who are the Meat Puppets, Alex.

LuvSox
03-22-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by fuzzy_patters
Who are the Meat Puppets, Alex. That song popped into my head when I read this thread, it fits pretty good. :D:

hose
03-23-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Stoky44
I HATE ROYCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hitless :D: :angry:

Here you go Stoky :smile:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/photo?slug=1048374736white_sox_brewers_spring_mag1 01&prov=ap