PDA

View Full Version : Strikethree.com AL central prediction

Daver
03-21-2003, 06:56 PM
This is how they predict the season to go. (http://www.strikethree.com/03/03/17/michael.shtml)

This on the sox;

1. Chicago White Sox.

The amazing thing about the Sox' mini-salary dump last year is that the team actually improved in the second half. The key is that there were (and are) some mighty good players in the Sox' system, and giving them a chance to play was something the team had to do eventually. Now they've added Colon and swapped closers with Oakland, and even managed to get Frank Thomas back—no small feat after the team's contractual insult at the end of 2002.

While the Twins have the balance of pitching in the Central, the Sox have the hitting, and it looks to only get better as guys like Paul Konerko and Carlos Lee hit their stride and the Big Hurt possibly rediscovers those baseball bat thingamajigs. To top it off, the youngest pitching staff in MLB will return with more experience under their collective belt. Here's hoping Reinsdorf lays off antagonizing his players long enough to buy belts for everyone.

hold2dibber
03-22-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by daver
This is how they predict the season to go. (http://www.strikethree.com/03/03/17/michael.shtml)

This on the sox;

1. Chicago White Sox.

The amazing thing about the Sox' mini-salary dump last year is that the team actually improved in the second half. The key is that there were (and are) some mighty good players in the Sox' system, and giving them a chance to play was something the team had to do eventually. Now they've added Colon and swapped closers with Oakland, and even managed to get Frank Thomas back—no small feat after the team's contractual insult at the end of 2002.

While the Twins have the balance of pitching in the Central, the Sox have the hitting, and it looks to only get better as guys like Paul Konerko and Carlos Lee hit their stride and the Big Hurt possibly rediscovers those baseball bat thingamajigs. To top it off, the youngest pitching staff in MLB will return with more experience under their collective belt. Here's hoping Reinsdorf lays off antagonizing his players long enough to buy belts for everyone.

I hate when the media picks the Sox to win.

It's going to be a dogfight with the Twins all year long.

GASHWOUND
03-22-2003, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber

I agree..Just hope we stick to the Twins and all the media there.
Hearing all the players and media talk you think the Twins were the next coming of the '27 Yanks.
"Our D is the best in baseball" "Our pitching is the best in baseball" "We have the greatest clubhouse in baseball"
Just hope their world comes crashing down.

T Dog
03-22-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber

I heard the Twins' players already took a vote on how to split up their World Series money.

TheBigHurt
03-22-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by T Dog
I heard the Twins' players already took a vote on how to split up their World Series money.

ohh yeah is that right and i heard that Radke is going to win the cy young